Would you buy this?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This verison of the Deebot T8 has a self-emptying bin and a camera on front, so its avoids objects like poop using it AI. according to the tests on Youtube, its not great but should improve as its learns. it also has a vibrating mop. hopefully it will become available on amazon soon

Its not the only robot vacuum to come out with a camera on the front but is the only one with a self-emptying bin and a front facing camera.

to name the others, Roborock S6 Maxv which has two cameras for depth and a IR light so it can see in the dark better, i don't know if the others can see in the dark too) and the The Deebot 960 which came out last year.

I have a different version of The Roborock, a Roborock S6, while it doesn't have a front facing camera. i run it everyday and its cleans great, the pickup is great on both carpets and hardfloors, haven't really left anything behind on hardfloors. it pickup good amount of hair, each time it cleans the carpets, i have no idea where it finding the hair but it finding it somehow. i would expect the S6 maxv would clean slightly better since its suction is rated at 2500pa vs 2000pa for the S6.

just thought these was worth mentioning for people who want a robot vacuum but was afraid to get one because what if their pet poop and the vacuum spread it around.

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That price tag............. :shocked:Think I'll just vacuum normally lol!
Very nifty though. If I was rich I'd very much consider that - and for people who aren't home a lot/disabled
But one last note...
just thought these was worth mentioning for people who want a robot vacuum but was afraid to get one because what if their pet poop and the vacuum spread it around.
...Does it climb, or do people....... Have poop just on their floors! 😲

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! If you look up some videos, a lot of people had a situation where the dog or cat pooped or barfed on the floor and the Roomba spread it all over the room very efficiently. So I guess this one is made to prevent that.

It sure is expensive though, yikes!

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
a lot of people had a situation where the dog or cat pooped or barfed on the floor and the Roomba spread it all over the room very efficiently.
Now that's art! :lol: Imagine coming home from work to that! Ontop of spending a fortune on one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Deebot T8 without the self-emptying base is $800, same for their Deebot 960 and the Roborock s6 maxv is at $750
im hoping they're gonna come down in price over the next couple of years.

Hopefully Roomba will come out with a version of theirs but it will probably cost alot more than the T8

Last edited:

raeyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Deebot T8 without the self-emptying base is $800, same for their Deebot 960 and the Roborock s6 maxv is at $750
im hoping they're gonna come down in price over the next couple of years.

Hopefully Roomba will come out with a version of theirs but it will probably cost alot more than the T8
While Roomba doesn’t have the combo laser (or LIDAR)/front camera system, they do use cameras for the navigation in the top end models and they do have two that have self emptying bins - but they are even more expensive (and the i7 doesn’t compare well in performance tests, check out Vacuum Wars on YouTube when they do their comparison of self emptying vacs).

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While Roomba doesn’t have the combo laser (or LIDAR)/front camera system, they do use cameras for the navigation in the top end models and they do have two that have self emptying bins - but they are even more expensive (and the i7 doesn’t compare well in performance tests, check out Vacuum Wars on YouTube when they do their comparison of self emptying vacs).
True but hopefully they will come out with one with a front camera.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes. What a price tag- that's more than our mortgage! I wouldn't buy that when there are perfectly good knock-offs with rave reviews online for less than $150. I've been toying with the idea myself to get a robot vacuum and run it during the day while I'm at work because the cat hair is becoming too much for me to handle...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think it would scare the cats. Well, I know it would scare Cricket anyway. I don't have the kind of money, so it's moot.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes. What a price tag- that's more than our mortgage! I wouldn't buy that when there are perfectly good knock-offs with rave reviews online for less than $150. I've been toying with the idea myself to get a robot vacuum and run it during the day while I'm at work because the cat hair is becoming too much for me to handle...
the more costly ones has more features than cheaper ones, like mapping, able to tell the robot go to specific rooms, creating No-go lines or zones on the map.