Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Would anyone like to actually talk about Trump???

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by mschauer, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    you know, all this Clinton talk......sounds just like a new batch of deflecting to me.

just my opinion, but trump will likely be held accountable for all of his varied criminal, ethical, and incompetence issues...to roughly the same degree as Bill Clinton was. only difference is that trump's wrongdoing is a mountain, to Bill Clinton's (relative) ant hill (and i'm certainly not saying that what he did wasn't very wrong, on more than one level).

LotsOfFur, surya, Winchester and 1 other person purraised this.

2. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    muffy and margd purraised this.

3. surya

surya TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 23, 2010
    Houston
    That makes my stomach turn. But to be expected with a malignant narcissist in charge I guess.

muffy purraised this.

4. white shadow

white shadow TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 28, 2010
    CA
    'Caught this earlier.......

Fox News anchor debunks 'Clinton uranium scandal' – and sparks viewer fury
    Wednesday 15 November 2017

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith on Tuesday evening debunked what his own network has called the Hillary Clinton uranium scandal, sparking fury among some Fox viewers.

Smith said Donald Trump’s repeated accusations during the election campaign that Hillary Clinton smoothed a deal while she was secretary of state involving US uranium mining, Russia and the family’s charitable Clinton Foundation was “inaccurate in a number of ways”.

The story was revived this week because the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is under pressure from the president to appoint a special prosecutor to look into the old allegations. Sessions hinted in a congressional hearing on Tuesday that there was no basis to do so.

But a comprehensive unraveling of the accusations themselves via Fox News, albeit by an anchor who has balked before at the channel’s habit of stoking stories that bolster Trump and weaken Clinton, has shaken many in Fox’s loyal conservative audience.

“Get Shepard Smith off of Fox. He’s arrogant and doing his own spin. Nobody knows how deep the left’s conspiracy goes and Shepherd Smith has ZERO inside info because nobody trusts him. OUT!” one outraged Fox viewer posted on Twitter after the segment aired...

Fox News anchor debunks 'Clinton uranium scandal' – and sparks viewer fury

Of course, the 'disciples' are foaming at the mouth.............:flail::flail::flail::flail::flail:

LotsOfFur purraised this.

5. mschauer

mschauer Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    I often wonder how many people who watch the various cable news channels (Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, etc)understand that there are two types of "news" programs being presented. The majority are opinion shows hosted by media personalities, not news journalists. The hosts (Hannity, OReilly, Maddrow) present a decidedly slanted view of news events that represent the hosts point of view often with little or no attempt at objectivity.

Each channel also has the more traditional evening news programs that make some attempt at presenting news in an objective manner. Shepard Smith is the host of this type of program at Fox News. He is a career news journalist, not a media personality. His program presents relatively unbiased reporting. So yes, he frequently runs afoul of viewers who don't want the truth, they want to hear the juicy conspiracy theories the media personalities spew. After all, the truth is usually a lot more boring.

6. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I like Shepard Smith even though he is on Fox News. I was off work today and watched Morning Joe this morning. One of the people there was from the same town as Shepard Smith and has known him for years. She said that he has always been a fact driven journalist. He takes the time to drill down, get the facts and report whatever the facts are.

7. xlpooper

xlpooper TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    You do realize that this goes for any POTUS don't you? As well it should IMO.
    The critical words in this article (which I read yesterday) are "imminent threat".
    Also, Retired Gen Robert Kehler (who said that to the committee) was Commander of StratCom under Obama, Not Trump. :flail:
    P.S. It's always been like that, this is nothing new.

8. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    margd purraised this.

9. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South

10. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    I'm not foaming at the mouth at all. I like hearing differing opinions and there's been many times I've changed my mind on different things. It would be a really boring world if we all felt the same about everything. Lol, like there's any danger in that.

11. margd

margd Chula and Paul's roommate Veteran

Feb 24, 2015
    Maryland USA
    This makes me so angry and so sick at heart that I can barely think straight.

This article is a year and a half old but since then, I think things have only gotten worse. African elephants 'killed faster than they are being born'

It is sometime necessary to shoot elephants who are in musth and go on rampages that endanger everything and everyone around them. (Musth being a cyclical event marked by very high levels of testosterone). Other than that, I can't understand how killing an animal, whose population numbers are plummeting contributes to conserving the species. There is something very wrong when an elephant has to be sacrificed to maintain adequate protection for the rest of the herd. If we really valued wildlife, conservation of endangered species would have enough financial protection that it wouldn't be necessary to kill them to be able to afford that conservation.

This is especially upsetting because elephants, along with the Cetaceans are some of the most highly evolved animals alive, other than humans and primates. I could list some of the many things that elephants have in common with humans but I need to stick my head in the freezer and cool down before I violate forum rules.

:angryfire::bawling::angryfire::bawling::angryfire::bawling::angryfire:

:bat:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    xlpooper and muffy purraised this.

12. mschauer

Jun 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    I can't understand what justification there is for this. There is no national interest involved. The only reason I can think of for why he would do it is just so he can undo yet another Obama action.

What a turd.

13. LotsOfFur

LotsOfFur What greater gift than the love of a cat. Top Cat

Jul 13, 2015
    Texas
    Maddow may not be a news journalist but she received her undergrad degree in Public Policy at Stanford and earned a PhD in Politics from Oxford. She knows what she's talking about!

OReilly has a BA in History from Marist College and actually has a masters in Broadcast Journalism from Boston University.

Hannity... well he enrolled in NYU but dropped out before graduation. I have no idea what he studied or for how long.

14. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Education is separate from being a biased opinion type person who is extreme in those opinions. Steve Bannon has a masters from Georgetown University and graduated from Harvard Business School. He was also a Naval officer. I know that the Army requires continuing education at the college level, I would imagine the Navy is the same.

mschauer purraised this.

15. mschauer

Jun 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    You missed my point. It has nothing to do with their education. I was referring to the professional roles they fill on the various cable networks. That is they are hosts of opinion shows where they present news with their personal commentary and with little or no attempt at being unbiased. That is as opposed to a news program such as Shepard Smith's where the hosts are expected to present news in an unbiased manner.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017

16. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    mschauer is right, they are just pundits, or if your prefer, commentator's, nothing more and nothing less, no matter how well educated they are.

17. LotsOfFur

LotsOfFur What greater gift than the love of a cat. Top Cat

Jul 13, 2015
    Texas
    I understood your point. I just think that Maddow is not in the same category as Hannity and ORielly who've done nothing but fear-monger.

Fox was the first "opinion news" and it's been detrimental to our country.

I do see your point and I do not disagree. ;)

18. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    micknsnicks2mom and muffy purraised this.

19. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South

20. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.