Worried mummy in need of some help and reassurance!

gizmocat1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, 

So I fostered an unwanted kitten when he was 11 weeks old and feel in love with him as soon as I saw him. He is now almost 11 months old and has just become my whole life especially as he is my first cat away from my family home.

He has always been very healthy other than one occasion when he was 5-6 months old and got a cat flu- he slept all day on the bed and didn't move, which isn't too unusual as he will stay with me wherever I am. He then started shaking all over and would not let my house mate go near him, as he started hissing (which was SO unlike him!) so after an emergency vet meeting, he had two injections and settled over night.  Since then he has been fine.  Until tonight that is...

He was sticking his tongue out for about ten minutes before he ran out the room into the hallway and started to be sick.  This is the first time he has ever been sick so I went to find him to comfort him, check he is okay and to clear it up. However, he then moved down the hallway and threw up again. I had just got some tissue and he threw up again. By the third time, it went from being his crunchies to being a white foam but it did not have anything in like like fur or grass.  He then carried on throwing up a total of 14-16 times for the next ten minutes, and starting hiding from me as he thought he was in trouble. I managed to get him to stop hiding and he started howling so I put down his old litter tray (as he always goes outside now) and had an awfully upset poo in there. Since then he will not drink anything nor stay still, he just wants to hide.  

I'm a very worried mummy as this is not like him at all.  There isn't anything he could have eaten in the house and he is up to date with his vaccinations, flea treatments and parasite treatment too.

Any advise or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi all, 

So I fostered an unwanted kitten when he was 11 weeks old and feel in love with him as soon as I saw him. He is now almost 11 months old and has just become my whole life especially as he is my first cat away from my family home.

He has always been very healthy other than one occasion when he was 5-6 months old and got a cat flu- he slept all day on the bed and didn't move, which isn't too unusual as he will stay with me wherever I am. He then started shaking all over and would not let my house mate go near him, as he started hissing (which was SO unlike him!) so after an emergency vet meeting, he had two injections and settled over night.  Since then he has been fine.  Until tonight that is...

He was sticking his tongue out for about ten minutes before he ran out the room into the hallway and started to be sick.  This is the first time he has ever been sick so I went to find him to comfort him, check he is okay and to clear it up. However, he then moved down the hallway and threw up again. I had just got some tissue and he threw up again. By the third time, it went from being his crunchies to being a white foam but it did not have anything in like like fur or grass.  He then carried on throwing up a total of 14-16 times for the next ten minutes, and starting hiding from me as he thought he was in trouble. I managed to get him to stop hiding and he started howling so I put down his old litter tray (as he always goes outside now) and had an awfully upset poo in there. Since then he will not drink anything nor stay still, he just wants to hide.  

I'm a very worried mummy as this is not like him at all.  There isn't anything he could have eaten in the house and he is up to date with his vaccinations, flea treatments and parasite treatment too.

Any advise or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.
i think your best bet is to seek the advice of your vet.

usually when a cat has eaten something that's caused gastro upset, they'll vomit several times or so. but 14-16 times vomiting seems pretty extreme.

it could be a virus maybe with a fever, it could be something kitty ate (it could be something kitty got into and ate while outdoors), or it could be something else going on. only a vet will be able to give a definite diagnosis, and more importantly suggest and start any treatment(s).

2catlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take the cat to the vet.  Has he eaten or drank anything since throwing u the 14-16 times?  It sounds like some type of gasto issue.  Is your cat an indoor cat or does it go outside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmocat1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I would take the cat to the vet.  Has he eaten or drank anything since throwing u the 14-16 times?  It sounds like some type of gasto issue.  Is your cat an indoor cat or does it go outside?
He managed to drink some water last night but spent most the evening just sleeping. He did seem to perk up a little bit when my other half got home however.  I left out a small handful of crunchies to see if he would eat anything over night and it does seem like he did.  This morning he was more like himself, and has started to play more. He even had some more crunchies, but I didn't give him any cat milk  The vets said to keep an eye on him as he wasn't sick over night, so I'm keeping an eye on him today.

Gizmo is an outdoor cat but I call him in over night. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He managed to drink some water last night but spent most the evening just sleeping. He did seem to perk up a little bit when my other half got home however.  I left out a small handful of crunchies to see if he would eat anything over night and it does seem like he did.  This morning he was more like himself, and has started to play more. He even had some more crunchies, but I didn't give him any cat milk  The vets said to keep an eye on him as he wasn't sick over night, so I'm keeping an eye on him today.
Gizmo is an outdoor cat but I call him in over night. 
If he's an outside cat you have.no idea what he could have eaten or licked or an allergy.