Worried For Abby (growth On Nose)

TopsyTriceratops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, everyone. I have been worried sick for one of my angels, Abby. She is a long, marble tabby (at least that's what the shelter said she was), and has a very concerning growth on the bridge of her nose. No flesh is broken, no skin lesions, no bleeding, no hindered breaths, just a notable lump. I touch it, and feel it and it feels a bit solid, and she doesn't hiss or recoil in pain. If she does recoil, I think it's because I've been holding her scruff too long to examine the growth.
Being as paranoid as I am, I swear it is growing, but my family tells me I'm imagining things or it's barely anything to worry about/ notice. I beg my parents to take her to the vet to examine her, and they tell me to save up even though I have no income/ job.
There's not much I can do, but hear out any experts on what it might be. I keep thinking the worst, such as uncontrollable bone growth or tumor. (oldest image to newest is bottom to top)
20170707_124442.jpg
20170704_083203.jpg
20170609_202649.jpg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know how much time elapsed between the oldest and newest picture, but I don't see any change in the size of the bump, or if anything, it looks like it might even be getting smaller (if most recent image is on the bottom).

We have many threads about lumps and bumps on cats noses here on TCS, and I'm afraid most of them have never found a cause for them. They just are. It could be from about anything, including but not limited to , literally, a bump in the nose (from playing), a bug bite, something from birth. Wish we could tell you what it is, but there is no way of knowing. I'd say if it doesn't bother her, wait until her next regularly scheduled Vet appointment and ask them at that time.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with mrsgreenjeens T TopsyTriceratops , Abby's cute little nose looks unchanged to me. It also reminds me of Mouse's profile, one which he inherited from his fur-mom as the first photograph illustrates nicely. A simple variation in nose profile with no health issues associated with it.
Mouse is now 6 years old and his profile is still the same.
P1000587.JPG
P1020484.JPG

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah it looks completely normal to me. Some cats, like humans, just have bumps on their noses. It's nothing to worry about and I really don't see any change in the pictures. Sometimes we humans worry ourselves into seeing a problem because we love them so much, my Balinese has a small dot beside her nose that was like a zit with no hair- turned out to be a weird little birth mark and I was thinking cancer lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TopsyTriceratops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thank you guys for the much needed support.
However, starting yesterday, she has developed bouts of constant sneezing, and has rubbed her nose (namely the swollen spot) very roughly and frequently. I understand it could be a kitty cold, but this new thing has sprouted new fear in me. I wish to hear everyone's thoughts to this, I am getting super scared all over again.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
My thinking is that the sneezing and rubbing her nose are most likely unrelated to the bump on her nose and more an iritation with cold or allergy which is annoying her so rubbing her nose as well as the sneezing. Could be she got something in her nose too - Mouse will kind of sneeze when he gets water up his nose or dust and fluff when he's been ferretting about under furniture.
Occasionally Mouse goes through spells of coughing and sneezing because he has feline herpes and when it is down to that it goes on for a couple of weeks but nothing to show for the sneezing but the occasional clear drip from his nose or a clear runny eye. If there's watery eye or drippy nose and there's discoloration then it's more likely to be a bacterial infection.
Can you ask about getting her to the vet again?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sneezing and rubbing her nose indicates possible allergies. Seems like most of my crew is sensitive to changes in the environment and sneeze from time to time.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat has allergies. Sneezing and rubbing the nose is common. I've also found my cat has a habit of rubbing her nose on the rope on her cat tree causing her to sneeze and scratch her nose. My silly cat is getting the rope to make her sneeze.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
just keep an eye on the color of the discharge=if it's clear-it's mostly a cold or allergies. when it's green/yellow it's indication of bacterial infection which isn't uncommon. I would consult with your vet-they can have things you can try to relieve the sneezing. most often it's feline herpes. It's a virus that lays dormant and doesn't cause issues unless it rears it's ugly head with sneezing, runny nose/eyes and eye discharge. They should be able to help you figure out things to help stop it. Stress is a big factor. Seasonal allergies also can cause this. A vet should be able to help with treatment to keep it all under control.