Worried and Need Advice Very Sick Kitty

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Kera is not doing so well for the past month been back and forth to the vet and still can not figure out what is wrong. She has been throwing up and lost alot of weight. Very Lazy and walks very slowly and just sleeps and won't play anymore. Had Kidney test done and Lukimea test done and Hips and legs checked and all kids of other test and still can't figure out what is wrong I am getting very worried that we may not figure out what is wrong in time. Any one have any idea's on what i can have them check? I am on my way to pick her back up from the vet again tonight and have to bring her back in the morning for more test. She is a Manz Siamesse and i know they are sometimes Pron to some problems does anyone know what they might be? I am so confused on what to do next and really want to just figure out what is wrong with my dear little kera so we can get he feeling better again. THANKS

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no ideas, but am hoping the vet is able to figure it out soon.

Stephanie

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More positive thoughts and good health vibes for Kera. I hope the vet can find the reason for her problems. Hugs to all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the Vibes and uplifting words. I sure could use them right now you all are too kind . I will give an update once I get back from the vet today. Since all the lab work was ran last night maybe they will have some kind of answers for me today. I am really hoping so trying to stay postive that is is nothing major and that we will figure out what it is soon. But hard when you have to keep going back with no answer and more test. Thanks again everyone
sending you all hugs for the Vibes you have sent me and little Kera.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have they checked her heart or done any xrays? Cats can have heart problems without having a heart murmur so dont rely on just your vet listening to it. Xrays can show if it is enlarged which could indicate a genetic problem. A cardiac problem would cause her to be very lethargic and not want to do anything but lay there. Does she have a fever of anysorts? I hate to suggest it but there is also the chance of FIP. Unfortunatly the test for it isn't very accurate... Signs of FIP would be a very high fever, lethargy, upper respiratory symptoms and fluid in the body cavities.

For yours and your babies sake I hope its NONE of these... Lots of vibes coming your way... hope she starts feeling better.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be keeping little Kera in my thoughts today. I hope the vet has some good news for you after the recent tests. Please keep us updated on what you find out.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shorty14788

Have they checked her heart or done any xrays? Cats can have heart problems without having a heart murmur so dont rely on just your vet listening to it. Xrays can show if it is enlarged which could indicate a genetic problem. A cardiac problem would cause her to be very lethargic and not want to do anything but lay there. Does she have a fever of anysorts? I hate to suggest it but there is also the chance of FIP. Unfortunatly the test for it isn't very accurate... Signs of FIP would be a very high fever, lethargy, upper respiratory symptoms and fluid in the body cavities.

For yours and your babies sake I hope its NONE of these... Lots of vibes coming your way... hope she starts feeling better.
No we have not done the xray yet we are going to wait and see what the lab work tells us today and if that dont come up with any answers then we are going to do more test and xrays She has not has a high Temp it has been normal. She has not energy anymore and a big weight loss and will not eat or drink. Been having to do IV's the past few weeks to get her fuilds. She is breathing fine just really lazy these days and wants to sleep alot. I will know more a bit later today and I will update everyone then too. Thanks again for the advice it is something worth looking into just to be sure.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much love and many positive healing vibes coming your way.
I know how stressful this waiting period can be. Please keep us updated on what is going on.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lots of positive thoughts and & healing (((((((
vibes
)))))))) whizzing your way from Spain. Give sweet Kera some tummy rubs from us

Keep us posted

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck for the test results, I hope you get a diagnosis (of something easily fixable of course!) soon, I can imagine the worry you are going through

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A Big Thanks and a Big Hug go out to you all. Nice to know there are wonderful caring people like all of you here to lift us up when we need it. Yes waiting is very hard Make me worry a bit more when I just have to wait around. Wishing 11:30 would roll around a bit faster so we can go to the vet and see if they have any answers for us today. Have Little Kera in my lap as she is napping again. Tried to get her to drink some water again but no luck so I am guessing we will have to do the IV again this morning when she goes into the vet so she gets some fuilds in.

I can't tell you how much it means to have all the vibes and kind words coming in from all of you. I think they are keeping me clam for the moment. So thanks again. And I will be back later today with any updates the vet may have. But I better go and start getting things ready to go.

Thanks and Hugs

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well we just got back from the vet and still no answers we are going back on the morning and they are going to do Ultra Sound and see if they can find anything out that way. I will have another update tomorrow after the ultrasounds. Thanks again everyone for the kind words and Vibes

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovinmom828

Well we just got back from the vet and still no answers we are going back on the morning and they are going to do Ultra Sound and see if they can find anything out that way. I will have another update tomorrow after the ultrasounds. Thanks again everyone for the kind words and Vibes
Oh no, I'm sorry the tests didn't show anything
Good luck with the ultrasounds and give Kera a kiss on the head for me!

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish you could get some kind of answer... It's the worst feeling to know that there is something wrong but not know what it is... I'll keep praying for your little one. Hopefully tommorrow will hold some answers for you...

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no - I was so hoping to hear some more concrete news from you tonight.
Sounds like your vet is determined to get you an answer though. Stay strong, stay patient and I'll be thinking about you! Here's hoping for more news and good news soon!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the understanding and kind hearted words. Also Thanks for the Advice. I am hoping for some answers once we have this ultrasound done this morning. Have to be at the vet at 10 am this morning. I picked her up last night and layed with her for awhile and her motor started going and let out some big Purrrs I know she is a little fighter and she is going to get threw what ever is wrong. And I am going to do whatever I can for her. I wanted to just break down and cry but as strong as she is being and want to stay strong with her. Kera is my little baby and is a big part of our family
The love she has filled us with and how she had touched our hearts
and the Hearts of so many others. I know all of you are pulling threw right along with my family and I want to Thank all of you for the support and being there to listen. Nice to see everyone pull together when you need the support the most.