Worried about Tiger again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cloudshade - would you happen to know if they are available in the UK, I have never heard of them?
I lost teh battle of wills this morning for the meds, she has been in an odd mood since I Got home last night, has a bit of a crazed look about her and keeps running round - including running away from me, I had to chase her for her meds this morning, then she went bonkers, spat it out and sat on it, so I had no chance, and when she moved, I had another go, but she hid under the table and just kept swiping at me, so I gave up - the other worrying part is getting her so stressed her breathing sounds bad. She isn't eating all her wet food either, so I can't even crush it and mix it iwth that. Looks like she might have made the decision about Rimadyl - which I am glad after reading a few articles yesterday.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, it means a lot - my vet certainly wouldnt call her an angel cat though, more like a devil cat!!

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just catching up in here...but I wanted you to know that I am sending your little one healing vibes and special prayers.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Cloudshade - would you happen to know if they are available in the UK, I have never heard of them?
Tramadol goes by the brand name Zydol in the UK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol).

I'm not sure about Adequan. It's mainly approved in horses and sometimes in dogs, but some have had luck with it in place of other joint supplements in cats.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - had to speak to the vet again as she had more poo's with blood in it, and the vet said as she isn't taking the Rimadyl and not eating enough wet food to get meds into her that way, we have exhausted all the medical routes now. Sar has kindly sourced me a magnetic collar, and I am going to try a covered hot water bottle later, that does depend on where she sits though!! Have told vet about both, she isn't sure either will work, but no harm in trying. WE are giving her hte weekend to see how her tum is, but it could be related to the pain. She is still on Katalax, although getting that down her was iffy last night, she was in a temper, and was swiping at everything - she has calmed down today, but was still running round like a crazed thing last night, and when she did look nice and relaxed on the stairs, I went to stroke her, and she went to go for me!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
don't think there is much more to report than what I posted earlier - although she has eaten the Bozita Sar sent us, think it is the most food she has eaten in one go for a while (apart from her dry)

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didnt have a good day yesterday, she refused point blank to take her Katalax, which is a first, then Rolo tried to sniff her tail so they had a fight (I suspect she started it, as Zia growled at him this morning and he ignored her, and she is known to pick fights) and when I went to give her her last fuss last night, I realised she wasn't purring. So will have to keep an eye on that, but if she doesn't start purring again, that is a really bad sign. She hasn't eaten this morning, she preferred to go outside. Over an hour after feeding her, she still hasn't eaten any and doesn't seem to be purring. I might have to go and give her some dry food in a while, as I know she will eat that, but dont like her having too much dry at her age.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixed day, she ate well this morning, but has been iffy since I got home, she has only picked at her food, and has had a runny eye. No Katalax tonight, as she has been 'hiding' in teh kitchen. We have an app on Fri to see if the vet can give her a jab, and I can assess her more then.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have had to have her to the vets tonight, vet now suspects a viral infection and slight dehydration on top of everything else, so she has had a steroid and a/b jab, and see how she goes, but she isn't a happy girl at the moment - been better since the vet visit, she had a few mins of play and eaten a bit more, but realistically, it is the only good time she has had this week, so if there is no major improvement by Fri, that app will be her last.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne. I dont think I am being fair on her buying her time now, as that is all I am doing, I have just popped down to sort something out, she miaowed at me and wandered into the kitchen after me for food, but still had some tea down, and didn't tuck into it, and I can't see her continue to be miserable. At least I know now I have given her every chance, and as the vet says, it seems like she doesn't want us to medicate her, and without her co-operation, it isn't fair to leave her unhappy and in pain, I love her too much for that, and however hard it is, I have to do what is best for her, not for me.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - no sign of improvement though, it took me 20 mins to convince her to come in the kitchen to look at her tea last night, and then seh walked away from it!! So had to find her something else, she did eventually eat that, and nibbled on some biscuits. not quite as fussy this morning, but she is more keen on going out than eating. I dont want this vet visit tonight, but can't see how I am being fair to her by putting it off.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - I let her go tonight. The vet said I could have brought her home for the weekend, but I would have only been delaying the inevitable, and she wasn't very happy, I have only heard her purr once this week, and that was when she was given a treat, so I would have been doing it for me, not her, and that isnt fair. The vet gave me some comforting words, even though she did try again to convince me to have a kitten next time!! Told her Molly wouldn't want one of those. She went peacefully, although she did fight the sedation. I am going to put a post in the RB section for her. RIP little one, stubborn to the end.