Worried about food poisoning

kittenpetals

Elena's hooman ♡
Kitten
Purraise
I just fed my girl a wet food pouch of purina pro plan, she was more than halfway done and I noticed a disgusting piece of chicken in there and stopped immediately. The rest didn’t seem bad, just not as soft and less gravy. When I inspected the pouch I noticed a decent sized rip on the bottom, so the food had been ‘opened’ for who knows how long. Should I be concerned? I’m really worried this will make her sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenpetals

Elena's hooman ♡
Kitten
Purraise
You can contact an er dvm and or posion control and ask them what to do. I hope she is ok. 💕

Salmonella and Food Poisoning In Cats: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Thank you for the link! I contacted one of the vets that are open on Saturday and spoke with a nurse. I’m going to keep a very close eye on her today and bring her in if I start noticing any signs of food poisoning. Luckily the food didn’t smell bad at least, despite it being open. We’re currently snuggled up together on the couch. 💕 Thank you, I’m hoping she’ll be okay too!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is what I thought they would tell you, to observe her. Chances are she will be fine. It is always stressful to worry about stuff like this. Also cats are so fussy and usually won’t eat food that is off. You’re welcome 😀