Worried about can’t bond well with two kittens

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I’m going to take two kittens from a breeder this weekend. But I feel a little panic because I’m worried about I can’t bond with two kittens well. I’m afraid that two kittens(they are sisters) tend to bond with each other instead of me. Will it really happen?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Try not to be worried. There is no doubt they will bond with you. Love affection and proper care equals the same from them. Cats make wonderful companoins. Bringing two is actually a great thing. If you are away then they keep each other from being sad and they will help tire each other out when they are at their most active which will give you a break. Bonding with each other should happen but I assure you that they have plenty of love left over for you. I have had multiples myself and each one bonded with me. Just love them and make sure you give them attention. No worries.
We’d love to hear more about them!
Welcome to the site too! This is a great place to get information and support. Very exciting getting new babies! :welcomesign:

Last edited:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will be lovely to have two kittens together. Make time to play with them both together and separately and they will bond with you through the play. Dont worry, it will happen naturally.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry I've had to kitten's on more than one occasion. I have a 2 year old male now who suckles on my shoulder and I'm sure he thinks I'm his mum. He was raised with another kitten so they will bond with you and have a play mate. Congratulations on your fur babies :clapcat:

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it's much preferred to adopt two kittens together!! We wished we had and are adopting a sibling for our 4 month old.
I imagine they will absolutely bond to you, but also have a feline playmate and someone to play/snuggle with when you aren't there.
All the cat books I"ve read suggest adopting a sibling pair! (Too bad I read those after we adopted our first!)

quietdumpling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not to worry! They will love you because after all, you're providing them with food, shelter, and love. I adopted 2 bonded siblings about 2 years ago and it's great. They may bond with you at different times but they will love you. The 2 sisters I got, one is very social and confident, the other is shy and easily scared. The confident one bonded with us right away and the other one took another month. I love them to bits and I know they love me too. It was nice to have adopted them because they will nap and play and keep each other company when the humans are at work.