Wormwood formula in the US?

treeclimber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You might want to avoid that Pets Purest one from the UK, it contains garlic. Garlic is toxic to cats (in large quantities or consumed regularly in small amounts).

If looking for alternatives, beware of alcohol-based tinctures meant for humans, and keep in mind that wormwood itself is potentially toxic unless you’re extremely careful with the dosages.

That said, if you still really want to find a pet formula for wormwood, this one by Cooper and Gracie does at least not contain garlic and states the dose in drops per month which suggests they’re aware of the potential toxicity of wormwood. But when I tried putting it in my cart and checking shipping cost to a US address it said that it could not be shipped to that address. That may be related to US laws on absinthes containing wormwood/thujone which might make it difficult/complicated to import wormwood products.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I believe that it has to be thujone free in order to be shipped into the US, and even at that I am not sure about the postal regulations.

Why do you want to use it? Parasites? It does come with a huge caution, as was mentioned above and can be U shaped in its dosage. Enough to kill parasites (or heartworm in dogs is another popular use) is also enough to harm or kill the animal. There can also be long term side effects to its use as well as cats are very sensitive to thujone.

It is a known toxin that has the potential to kill an animal and I would advise you to work with your vet if you are going to try this, or to take your cat to the vet for a safer treatment for whatever is wrong with him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet's assistant said she saw a flea as she was examining the cat.
Also when the vet brushed with a flea comb, she said it caught flea poops.

I read that if she eats the flea, it could make tapeworm grow in her.
Maybe eating catnip greenies might be enough to prevent tapeworm from growing?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0828WDG65/?tag=thecatsite

aaxilrod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try Prana Pets Cat Parasite Cleanse. It worked great for me, all I had to give my cat was two drops three times a day for three to four weeks and I saw results in a few days.

The formula I am talking about is this Parasite Free Formula For Pets

Last edited by a moderator: