Worms in Cats eyes?? *GRAPHIC PICTURE IN POST 5*

binty2470

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

first of all I'm not a cat hypochondriac.. Margie who is pictured here is a 3 year old, rescued Arabian Mau and whilst she has had her moments of being ill..

I noticed the other day something in her eyes and I managed to get a decent photo of it.. before we head her off to the vets again..

is this a vein.. or something more sinister?  

Dave

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When l first looked l thought you meant the black pupil, but then saw the worm like shape.

Does it move?, and is there another one in her other eye?

I wish l had an answer for you but i've never seen anything like that, or l haven't noticed and that's unusual for me.

It's probably nothing but a vet check would reassure you,  but please let us know how it goes because this one sounds educational for the site.

Lots of healthy 
coming Margie's way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

binty2470

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont think its moved.. which leads me to think its a vein or something.. but its really difficult getting her to look to the left whilst i get enough light on it to view because its normally behind the membrane..

I'm sending an email off to the vets today to see what they come back with so I'll keep you informed..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

binty2470

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
reply from vets..  Looks like I was being an over protective Dad again..

Hi Dave,

No need to worry, its normal pigmentation in Margie’s eye. If you’re interested, the attached picture is the “eye worm” in cats J

Kind regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad it's nothing. I remember another thread on here from a while ago where someone thought their cat had a worm in it's eye as well/

That picture your vet attached is a little unsettling

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my word that poor cat! 

It's upsetting to see but i've been educated today because l never knew they could get into cats eye's like that. This could help members in the future so they know what their looking for.

I'm so pleased Margie's ok

*I'll add that there's a graphic picture to your thread title*

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, you learn something new everyday. Poor cat.:(

Dave, I'm glad your Margie is OK. That would've freaked me out if I'd seen it in my cats' eyes.

audry3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't want to alarm anyone. But I came upon this site after doing a search for the same thing. My cat has the same thing in her eye as the person with the first post. My cat had tears coming out of that eye for awhile, and we took her to the vet and the vet did a cotton swab test for viruses, and then told us that the lab results showed that it was not viral, so the vet concluded that it was a bacterial infection, and just gave us some biomox and some eye drops. A month later I was looking at my cat's eye in the sunlight and I saw what the first poster saw, a worm looking thing in the cat's eye. I did a search and I found this. Pic attached below.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi,

Margie who is pictured here is a 3 year old, rescued Arabian Mau
Oh, sounds interesting!

Can you please tell more, all how and where abouts about the Arabian Mau and theirs rescue?

Write your story down in the Ferales and Rescuers Forums, not here.

I know about these Arabian Mau from google, and somebody mentioned them in the SOS forum, but without giving details.   I will later cross-link these posts when you write up your answers Binty.

Good luck!

nineclouds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i saw this in my cats eye this morning, 10 min later it wasnt visable

is this a parasite?????!!!!!??????

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think so.  Looks like a normal eye to me, but if you're concerned, talk to your vet.

sparta05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I normally have a strong stomach.. but that turned me the wrong way. Glad it at least prepared me by saying graphic image. I'm glad your kitty is ok.

braszeja

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Vet, from Brentwood Animal Hospital in Oak Creek, WI, looked it up and found it to be normal. I was concerned with my 7 year old, Nala, and now my 2 year old, Stone, shown here.
here