Wormers and flea treatment

TingaTinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What wormer and flea treatment is best for young kittens? (12 and 8 weeks)
Thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest Advantage II for Kittens, and ask your vet if they can have Droncit. It’s an excellent wormer but available only by prescription. If they are too young for it, praziquantel kills tape worms only and Bayer makes it over the counter.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I suggest Advantage II for Kittens, and ask your vet if they can have Droncit. It’s an excellent wormer but available only by prescription. If they are too young for it, praziquantel kills tape worms only and Bayer makes it over the counter.
Just curious, is there one you recommend for adult cats? Currently don't have access to a vet, so I would need it to be non-prescription approved.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For tapeworms Bayer makes an over the counter tablet available at most pet shops.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For tapeworms Bayer makes an over the counter tablet available at most pet shops.
What about just fleas? Both my cats are indoors on the 10th floor of an apartment.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wasn’t sure whether you were asking about fleas or tapeworms. Advantage II and Frontline are available over the counter at pet stores. It’s a small tube of liquid that you squeeze onto the back of their necks between the shoulder blades. Both are flea killer products.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn’t sure whether you were asking about fleas or tapeworms. Advantage II and Frontline are available over the counter at pet stores. It’s a small tube of liquid that you squeeze onto the back of their necks between the shoulder blades. Both are flea killer products.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N7DEFH6/?tag=thecatsite

That it for advantage 2?

And what's a good recommendation with a vet prescription? See revolution recommended a lot, but also see some others say it has lost it's potency.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that is the Advantage II. I hear good things about Bravecto, which requires a prescription, though I’ve not tried it. I get good results with Frontline Plus for Cats. 😊