WORLD SPAY DAY--FOR YOUR CAT'S HEALTH, YOUR PEACE OF MIND, AND ALL CATS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If those who do not believe in spaying could see the poor feral mamas here struggling to keep their kittens alive, they might change their minds. The mamas or grandmamas of those feral mamas were failed by their humans. Badly.
Agree 100%. *I'll withhold the rest of my thoughts, toward those people, as they aren't for public consumption.*

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't understand why people don't spay and neuter their cats. There are usually alot of lower cost vets or even free spay/neuter clinics. You just have to research it. If money is tight for you get either an already fixed kitten or males only. A neuter can be FAR cheaper than a spay. Like far cheaper. A spay is more expensive if the cat is in heat or preggers to. And well having kittens is even more expensive than a spay. It's my hope that people spay and neuter more and more.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who works in advocacy knows the attrition rate, even with us working as hard as we can, every single day, to educate people, promote spay/neuter/TNR and adoption as well as acknowledging cats as FAMILY, not "pets" and that adoption needs to be for life, or not at all. The whole point is to save every innocent, blameless, unconditionally loyal and loving life. It is our personal and collective responsibility to protect them and to do the right things for them. It should never be about selfishness or money. If it is, the person does not deserve to have a cat in their life in the first place.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this TCS Article would be a good reminder why you should spay and neuter your cat:
Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats – TheCatSite Articles

I can vividly remember a man at the vet who said he wouldn't neuter his dog because he doesn't have to worry about his male dog having puppies. :frustrated: How irresponsible is that?
My opinion of dog people is the absolute lowest. I loathe dogs. So that's about all I can say on that subject.