Working from Home

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get to start working from home Monday.  I have never done that before but I am excited about getting to.  I had to be where I am now for six months, get my production up to standard and pass an audit.  I actually qualified the beginning of the month but I had to wait for an HP slim client to come in and I got it today.  It's actually good that I got it on a Friday.  I am not a real technical person so I have the weekend to hook it up and make sure I can do everything I need to do.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get to start working from home Monday.  I have never done that before but I am excited about getting to.  I had to be where I am now for six months, get my production up to standard and pass an audit.  I actually qualified the beginning of the month but I had to wait for an HP slim client to come in and I got it today.  It's actually good that I got it on a Friday.  I am not a real technical person so I have the weekend to hook it up and make sure I can do everything I need to do.
Congrats! I too get to work from home but I also get to work in the field with customers. I have so much fun at my job and feel like I am really contributing and doing something worth while!

Working from home is great but one has to be organized and my best advice to you is to maintain a regular schedule :lol3: But I'm sure you already know that :nod:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's fab! congratulations! Nothing better than working in comfort :D

I dread going back to work I'm to used to being with the cats all day I either want night shift or to work at home haha!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! Not having to drag back and forth to work sounds like a dream come true. Do you have set hours?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's just fantastic! Kudos! I'd love to be able to work from home.

A couple months ago, our offices were being renovated and they moved us across the hall to offices there. I went home a couple days and just worked from here. I was working on computer graphics for a project at the time and could easily do the work from here. And I enjoyed working at home.

Glad you can do it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! Not having to drag back and forth to work sounds like a dream come true. Do you have set hours?
No set hours other than scheduled system maintenance.  I do need to work 4 or 5 days a week.  I do claims for EMS units so it wouldn't be good to crunch everything into one or two weekdays and the weekend. 

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's great, good for you!  I "work" from home myself (making the craft items I sell) and I can tell you this: the most important thing to do is set down a routine and try your best to stick with it.  Now, if I'd only listen to my own advice