Wordle 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
There used to be a game like this you could play with other people, sort of like Battleships, except words. It’s called My Word, and for word game junkies, it’s a fun one. You pick your own word the other person has to guess, taking turns. I’ve seen it used on EBay, etc.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Wordle 215 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Three is probably the best I’m ever going to do.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did four today.

Someone on my Facebook friend's list got one a bit back in one! And she got yesterday's in two. How lucky is that?

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I did four today.

Someone on my Facebook friend's list got one a bit back in one! And she got yesterday's in two. How lucky is that?
Very lucky considering how many five-letter words there are!

My husband didn’t get it today. Heh, heh, heh.:insertevillaugh:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does it count as playing if I am using a dictionary and excel spreadsheet to help?

Word games are really not my thing in general. I can never think of words from the letters provided. With clues is a little better but random letter scrambles or Wheel of Fortune type stuff is a no go for me. Give me a card game or strategy game and I am good but word games are not it. But with just one puzzle a day I've tried it. I've gotten it in 2-4 guesses the last week but it is doing a word or two then opening up a dictionary of 5 letter words and going through the list to figure out from what I've gotten so far. Today's I got to number 3 and was drawing a blank so I did an excel spreadsheet with the words, eliminating based on the letters I knew until I got down to 4 possible then picking from that.

.... but not sure if that really is in the spirit of "playing"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I told DD to try to work it out on paper. We’ve been starting with the same 2 words and then working it out from there. It does help to look at the keyboard on screen and kind of work through there.

I played Boggle with my grandma a lot when I was a kid. I tried with DD a few years ago but it didn’t catch with her. It might now though.

I got it on the last try today. DD didn't get it but I think she was close.

Last edited:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Does it count as playing if I am using a dictionary and excel spreadsheet to help?
You’re exercising your brain and working it out. Seems like playing to me! The keyboard at the bottom helps, but I do use paper and pencil to write down various options. I can’t do it in my head. Excel would work; paper is faster for me!

Took me four today.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's also apparently Byrdle, which is related to choral music. That one took me six tries.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There used to be a game like this you could play with other people, sort of like Battleships, except words. It’s called My Word, and for word game junkies, it’s a fun one. You pick your own word the other person has to guess, taking turns. I’ve seen it used on EBay, etc.
We used to play something like that as a board game when I was a kid. Forget what it was called, but it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.