Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anyone else playing this?

Wordle - A daily word game

I started seeing posts about it pop up on Facebook last week and Tobermory Tobermory mentioned it in a thread. I played first on Thursday. I was unsuccessful because I didn't know you can use a letter twice but have gotten the word every day since and today got it on my third attempt.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am. Also just heard about it last week, and played the first time on Thursday. I think my best day was 4 attempts. Today I rushed, and put the same letter in the same (wrong) place twice, so ended up taking 5 tries. :rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played for the first time today and somehow got it in three tries.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I got it in three yesterday through pure dumb luck. Haven’t tried yet today. AbbysMom AbbysMom were you already playing it a few days ago when the word was abbey? :) That one took me six tries; I wasn’t expecting double letters and the vowel at the beginning.

There are a lot of online debates about strategy. I always begin with the same two words and go from there.

My main goal is to beat my Harvard Ph.D. holding, NYTimes crossword puzzle working husband. He’s always waving the crossword puzzle in my face and saying, “Ha!” Jerk. I can get him on Wordle. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
were you already playing it a few days ago when the word was abbey? :)
That was my first day playing and I didn't get it because I didn't know you could double letters. I got it in 4 tries today. My husband got it in 3. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four tries for me, too. I almost guessed it on the third, but thought that couldn't possibly be the answer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just tried for the first time and got it in 4. I should have gotten it in 3 but I didn't remember that yellow means right letter but out of place. I think I'll send this to DD to try playing. I think she'll enjoy it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh, it's the same as Get it Right but with letters instead of balls. Cool. I have to try it.

ETA: I got it, but not until the last one. Words are harder than colors!

Last edited:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I started with two different words today and basically ended up with the answer!
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
And they have printables for classrooms!
I knew that you home schooled. I had totally forgotten about that part of 7littlewords! I’m glad you found it

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is fun. I did not get the word today, but I think I have a few things figured out as to strategy, so maybe tomorrow

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I was starting with RAISE and MOUNT (my husband was using COUNT for his second word), but I’m switching to NOISE and CHARD…or maybe HARDY. Haven’t tried today’s yet.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got it in four.

I saw someone suggest slate and irony as starting words.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Took me five! I was getting worried. Those look like good words, Lari Lari . All of the vowels and some common consonants. I’ll try them tomorrow!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got the last 4 letters today, but ran out of tries before I found the right first letter.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got it in three today! This is the first time I've gotten yellow letters. It's just been green or gray until now (the whole four days I've played, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.