Wordle 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I would share what my spreadsheet looks like because I just cleaned it up and am rather proud of it. I was just making one from scrap each day but decided to spend a few minutes to make a saved version that was cleaner. Example images are a random mix, not reflective of any specific word.

What I do is make a 1-3 guesses first and then if I am stuck put the letters in the different spots across the top. I have over 8,000 five letter words listed down the side copying out two different sources online and removing duplicates.
  • Green - Put the exact letter in the correct spot.
  • Yellow - Put yellow letters in any order.
  • Grey - Put grey letter in any order.
View attachment 408795

Then I apply filters.
  • Green - Filter for the place, so if the "O" is 2nd I filter for that column to be value 2. The formula is returning the place the letter first shows up in the queried word. So if it is a value "2" it is the second letter in the word.
  • Yellow - Filter for any value, that tells me the word option has the letter in question.
  • Grey - Filter for blank values, that tells me the word option does not have the letter in question.
View attachment 408796
I'm left with a list of possible words that I can make more guesses to narrow down or figure out the right word based on the positions I know letters are not in. The only thing is can't handle is if I figure out the second of a double letter because the formula returns the first occurrence of letter. If the letter I know is that second time that letter is in a word it won't read right but that's where I have to think some too. For the above, since so many words end in "Y" most likely "Y" isn't at the end so I could probably eliminate all but four words and depending on where I know the "L" isn't I would have one or two to pick from. And just thought of it, since the number is the place in the word if I know "Y" isn't the 5th letter I could filter out instances where Y is 5 with my existing format instead of visually checking. Same duplicate letter weakness but excel isn't perfect and human thinking still exists with it.

.... And yes, I spend way to much time in excel. I literally work with excel for several hours a day so its become how I think.
Way too much work for me though since I retired.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I had it on 3 but guessed wrong

Wordle 224 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tobermory

β€œWhat greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My starter word didn’t help, but my usual second word gave it away. :)

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see if this works:

I made a wordle! Can you solve it? In how many?
6/6 Not very successful as I'd never heard of the word, so had to keep trying just putting in any letters until a word was accepted. :lol: It took me a long time :sweat:

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
#mywordle

Status
Not open for further replies.