Woohoo!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just won my Thanksgiving turkey for the 2nd year in a row :clap: :clap:

Last weekend us and a couple friends were supposed to go to a turkey shoot, but stayed at the fair later than intended. After last Sunday's tragic events, they really wanted to get me out and have some normalcy and fun in my life again, so we went to a turkey shoot tonight. We shot the last round and they called my number as the winner! I was closest to the center of the target :)

So, I walked away with my huge goose gun shotgun, and a 14lb turkey in hand! One of the people there asked to take a picture :lol3: He was amazed by the gun, and got a kick out of me winning. It really helped keep my mind off recent events and realize that not everything right now needs to focus on it.

Here's a pic Rob took when we got home:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! :) I bet it'll taste just as good as last years' - free always tastes the best! ;)

Congratulations! I just hope you hadn't already bought a turkey for Thanksgiving.
Nope! We figured we'd try and win one again at a turkey shoot this year before going out and buying one! My MIL had just said on Friday "Oh we have to go try and win a turkey, running out of weekends!" ... then a few of us go out and I did! We are going out again this coming weekend to shoot since we had so much fun this weekend. I said if I won another one, I'd probably have to have a Thanksgiving "bonfire" party and invite people over to help eat :lol3: (If I miraculously win another, I'd most likely give it to one of my friends to have with their family though)