Woohoo! DH got published!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to the Judas Priest concert last night with Thin Lizzy and Black Label Society opening. Since DH works for a syndicated radio show (The Monsters of Rock) he's able to score photo passes. That means that for the first 2-3 songs (usually, depends on the band's preference) he gets into the pits, in front of the front row, to shoot pictures. Last night he had passes for Thin Lizzy and Priest.

One of the other photogs wasn't able to shoot the Thin Lizzy set. He works for a local, very popular, entertainment publication/website. Everyone in the Denver-metro area knows The Westword. Eric asked Earl if he would be willing to help him out. (Hey, in the entertainment business it's all about who you know! The deadline was 10:00 this morning...so we (I) were up until 2:00 going through the pics and ALL of the pics he sent were published!

Judas Priest at 1STBANK Center

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to look at the slide show when I've got some bandwidth LOL, but :woohoo: :bigthumb: That is AWESOME!

(And on a side note: Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott, really? I just looked up the line up, and I'm sure it was awesome, but... call me old school, I couldn't do it! Lizzy is Phil Lynott, Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, and Gary Moore. One of my favorite bands. Can't beat it; and without Phil, sorry, but it's just not Lizzy!)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is really cool, Heidi.... Congratulations to you both, really good news to hear. ~hugs~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to look at the slide show when I've got some bandwidth LOL, but :woohoo: :bigthumb: That is AWESOME!
(And on a side note: Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott, really? I just looked up the line up, and I'm sure it was awesome, but... call me old school, I couldn't do it! Lizzy is Phil Lynott, Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, and Gary Moore. One of my favorite bands. Can't beat it; and without Phil, sorry, but it's just not Lizzy!)
I hear you Laurie. Just before this tour KK Downing, one of the lead guitarists for Priest, decided to retire. He was with the band from the beginning so I was definitely going in to the concert unsure of the new guy and how he would fit into a band that is older than he is. KK shaped the sound of Priest as much as anyone for close to 40 years! But I have to admit that Ritchie Faulkner is an amazing addition to the band. (Of course they did have the pick of every metal guitarist un the world...) Is he better than KK? No, he is different and brings a different perspective to the band, and an amazing musician by his own right. KK's legacy cannot be diminished by his replacement in the band. And the band remains a strong unit even without KK with them, and with Ritchie on guitar.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

:yeah:

And I wasn't even alive when they were popular. :lol3:

They're playing here after Thanksgiving,

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love Judas Priest and have for years! I'd love to see a show. Kudos to your DH! He must be so proud!

(I'm a Thin Lizzy fan, too!)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, I got to go through the slide show. :clap: It does look like it was totally rocking, I must say! :rockout:

GREAT pictures, Earl!!!! WTG! :bigthumb: