Won't stop meowing

BeeOrSomething

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kitten (about a year old) is constantly meowing, it's been happening for about a week.

I don't think she's in heat as she's been in heat before and isn't showing any of the same symptoms - her bottom isn't raised etc, she is just constantly making noise.

We try to give her fuss and play with her but she just doesn't care, she will play for like a minute and then wonder off to go start meowing again.

She's been keeping me awake at night and stopping me doing tasks throughout the day. you have to constantly sit with her and give her your full attention otherwise she's meowing again.

I have tried so many different tips that I found online, like giving her a warm blanket, playing with her, giving her fuss, and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I'm a first time cat owner and she has only recently just started doing this, so I am a little lost and frustrated.

Like I said, she's been in heat before and we have dealt with that fine, but this time it's completely different and I'm starting to worry something cod be wrong with her.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a health/medical reason why she has not yet been spayed until this time? She could be in heat, so I hope she can't get out of the house or otherwise you'd find yourself with more kitties in the house soon.

You can also bring her to the vet to check for any further issues, but I hope she can be fixed at the soonest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeeOrSomething

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am saving up to get her spayed, because of the pandemic I wasn't able to get work, meaning I had to suddenly live of limited money. I can get her spayed in the next month or so. She can't get out the house, we are making sure of it.

Thank you for this :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeeOrSomething

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kitten (about a year old) is constantly meowing, it's been happening for about a week.

I don't think she's in heat as she's been in heat before and isn't showing any of the same symptoms - her bottom isn't raised etc, she is just constantly making noise.

We try to give her fuss and play with her but she just doesn't care, she will play for like a minute and then wonder off to go start meowing again.

She's been keeping me awake at night and stopping me doing tasks throughout the day. you have to constantly sit with her and give her your full attention otherwise she's meowing again.

I have tried so many different tips that I found online, like giving her a warm blanket, playing with her, giving her fuss, and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I'm a first time cat owner and she has only recently just started doing this, so I am a little lost and frustrated.

Like I said, she's been in heat before and we have dealt with that fine, but this time it's completely different and I'm starting to worry something cod be wrong with her.

She has also in the last day been using her claws a lot, and for the first time in the 6 months I've had her, she has drawn blood

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
See if you qualify for a low cost spay. Your local SPCA or Humane Society should have some info on their web site. Or just Google for low cost spay clinics in your area. There may be household income restrictions or a list of qualifications to meet and proof provided.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, getting her spayed would help calm her down a lot. Hormones wreck havoc with their emotions. She could be coming into heat, which cats will do almost constantly until they are bred. They are not regular like dogs. She most likely doesn't even know why she is meowing. aggression is common too, she wants OUT!