Won't Eat Wet Food

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oscar will only eat dry food. I try to get him the best it our price range. With all my other cats I've had I would give them dry food to graze on then some wet food at night to make sure they are getting enough liquid. I have tried cheap wet cat food and expensive. It doesn't matter he turns his nose up at it. I have tried taking away the dry, then he just refused to eat. I think he is getting enough water I just worry.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Jackattack0101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you trying ones with different main ingredients? My cat dislikes pork based foods but loves chicken. Also the texture of the food seems to make a difference too. I've had to experiment with a few different types myself

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have one that wont eat much in the way of wet. i still offer it, but she only nibbles occasionally. Try different proteins, and different textures, shreds, minced, and pate. If you crumble up a favorite treat on top it may help as well. They say many cats cant refuse fancy feast? If you find one he shows interest in keep feeding that one, mine often turn their nose up at a wet food a few times, then decide they like it.. :(

I keep several large wide bowls of cold water around the house, filtered water. and a few cat fountains as well. i like to give them options on where and how to drink. i have water available in most rooms, hopefully they see it and drink :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you try Shreds? That's my cats' favorite. Also, has he been de-wormed and de-flead? What about hairballs? I'm trying to think of all the things that could affect appetite.