Wont Eat Dry Food. Have Poop Water.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I feel sure she meant Gerber baby plain rice cereal. I used it when my cats were kittens. They loved it mixed with formula and/or Gerber turkey meat baby food. Very helpful in weaning or for sick cats.

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK so I spend some on full check up when I got them keep in mind price doubled since they are 2, then I was told they have insects in their ears, had to pay another fees for medication, then came back in 1 week for ear check up or was fine but they poop water I told them about it they gave them a pill, and those liquid drug thingy for 7 days, and ear cleaning liquid. Yap that's all
So no pcr for that price, why did the vet give you albon?

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet gave Albon for diarrhea. What is pcr?
The diarrhea PCR is a test which detects the cause of the diarrhea. Albon treats coccidia, which I found in my very limited experience doesn't work well. Don't be surprised if the diarrhea doesn't go away or comes back.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel sure she meant Gerber baby plain rice cereal. I used it when my cats were kittens. They loved it mixed with formula and/or Gerber turkey meat baby food. Very helpful in weaning or for sick cats.
Yep, that Gerber rice cereal was a go to when Lily & Zoe were babies. It fills them up, and most importantly, calms the diarreah. They ate it so well too.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: Welcome to TCS! You have been given excellent advice by Sarthur2 Sarthur2 ! Sometimes kittens are sensitive to whey (and the casein in all cow's milk products) so you might try goat's milk based formula instead. I also like to add baby food (I use Gerber Stage 2 in chicken or beef) and I didn't know about the Gerber baby rice cereal but I do boil white rice in lots of water to make a thick rice porridge (like the congee in some Chinese restaurants). White rice is my favorite anti-diarrheal for kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, that Gerber rice cereal was a go to when Lily & Zoe were babies. It fills them up, and most importantly, calms the diarreah. They ate it so well too.
Just wanted to update you, my heart couldn't bear it I borrowed a 100$ and took her to the vet which cost exactly 98$, her paw was puff, there was like a pimple, they removed all the white thing inside and blood, gave her the 2 Injections, pills for 7 days God knows how ill give it to her, and medical to whipe her paw 2 times a day.

I'm officially beyond broke

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bless you! It sounds like she had an abscess. She will feel so much better now. You did the right thing!

Did the vet show you how to pill her? You can also crush the pills, dilute in water and give with a needleless syringe (but will taste bitter).

Which injections did she get?

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bless you! It sounds like she had an abscess. She will feel so much better now. You did the right thing!

Did the vet show you how to pill her? You can also crush the pills, dilute in water and give with a needleless syringe (but will taste bitter).

Which injections did she get?
He told me u can crush it and put it in her wett food the pills are extremely tiny, and for the injections he only told me it's for infection

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bella is Mad xD but she was covered in poop from head to toes SORRY BELLA
IMG_20190916_191247.jpg
IMG_20190916_192507.jpg
IMG_20190916_192847.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The medicine is Albon and it is just what they need.

I don’t know why a vet would tell you that, probably because he does not have enough experience with kittens.

Please feed your kittens.

LunaxRuna LunaxRuna
Sometimes it helps to starve a period to stop a diarrhea. After a 12-24 you start freshly anew...

(I suppose its possible AND wise to continue with pedialyte during such a pause.)

While this may be useful idea with occasional diarrheas with unclear cause, this wont help much if its parasites induced diarrhea... As the diarrhea continues, there cant be no starting afresh after these starving hours.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You DO give her lotsa of pedialyte and or other salt solutions? I come late to this thread, I didnt read the whole and dont know if you do.

Pedialyte or other salt compensation is highly desirably with all severe diarrheas.

A beautiful nice point! If she is a somewhat look alike to an established breed we will see when she is older.

LunaxRuna LunaxRuna

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You DO give her lotsa of pedialyte and or other salt solutions? I come late to this thread, I didnt read the whole and dont know if you do.

Pedialyte or other salt compensation is highly desirably with all severe diarrheas.

A beautiful nice point! If she is a somewhat look alike to an established breed we will see when she is older.

LunaxRuna LunaxRuna
What do u mean by pedialy, I only give them royal canin kitten wet and dry food, I was also giving them royal canin milk formula but I stopped it thought maybe they are lacste tornet dunno how to spell it but yeah.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pedialyte is essentially a solution of salts and glucose sugar. Are given to the diarrhea sick. Pedialyte is possibly a commercial brand much used in USA. I understand the brand in England is another, but the contain and use the same.

Pedialyte is VERY useful against diarrhea. it was the main tool against the manslaughter Kolera, alone reducing the death ratio from 80%+ down to 10%...

Its the salt losses which are the most dangerous...
So you can always begin with sprinkling some kitchen salt into her food.

If you buy pedialyte the best is such a clear flavorless for human babies!

Or you can make your own.

Say, 1 cup of boiled clean water.
1 teaspoon of glucose sugar (or somewhat less of white caro syrup or honey - both do contain glucose sugar. Less, because these are more sweet than glucose sugar proper). You CAN use common table sugar, but it works slower).
1 a little pinch of salt. Best is a so called minerale salt, but you can begin with common kitchen salt. A shade of bakery powder if you have (not necessary).

The solution shall not have any clearly flavor, not sweet nor salt.

Dont spare too long, better make a new batch now and then as you need.

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pedialyte is essentially a solution of salts and glucose sugar. Are given to the diarrhea sick. Pedialyte is possibly a commercial brand much used in USA. I understand the brand in England is another, but the contain and use the same.

Pedialyte is VERY useful against diarrhea. it was the main tool against the manslaughter Kolera, alone reducing the death ratio from 80%+ down to 10%...

Its the salt losses which are the most dangerous...
So you can always begin with sprinkling some kitchen salt into her food.

If you buy pedialyte the best is such a clear flavorless for human babies!

Or you can make your own.

Say, 1 cup of boiled clean water.
1 teaspoon of glucose sugar (or somewhat less of white caro syrup or honey - both do contain glucose sugar. Less, because these are more sweet than glucose sugar proper). You CAN use common table sugar, but it works slower).
1 a little pinch of salt. Best is a so called minerale salt, but you can begin with common kitchen salt. A shade of bakery powder if you have (not necessary).

The solution shall not have any clearly flavor, not sweet nor salt.

Dont spare too long, better make a new batch now and then as you need.
The vet game me liqued thingy to put it in their mouth for 7 days, idk if its the same thing, i posted a photo of it eailer idk if its the same

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont know what these are. Possibly a dewormer. There are dewormers in such "givers"

LunaxRuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know what these are. Possibly a dewormer. There are dewormers in such "givers"
I think ill change the vet to be honest he took over 700$ from me so far, and I feel i dont get what he is doing, he said they MIGHT have warms Note: he did a virus test 1 week prior to that, he said we need to give them a Pill and this Liqued thingy, for their poop. idk if its even doing anything

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is Albon in the syringes. It will clear infection and diarrhea if it’s bacterial.

Pedialyte is an electrolyte solution that is sold in stores on the baby aisle. It helps to restore the system from dehydration. You probably don’t need it since your kittens are eating wet food.

I do think you need to change vets. The one you see is very expensive.