Wondering if my cat really is pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying the best I can. But thanks for the advice.

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't want to sound like I'm not being nice as I promise I'm not intending it to be, but if you are unable to afford vet care especially emergency vet care when it is really needed maybe it would be best to see if a shelter could take her or a family member could adopt her that way you can still see her but without the financial commitment of owning a pet

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can afford it but I don't have the time or know which vet to go to. And my sisters are 3 & 6.

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can afford it but I don't have the time or know which vet to go to. And my sisters are 3 & 6.
Maybe Google can help you find somewhere. I'm in Scotland so I'm no use but Google will definitely find somewhere.

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok to bath a pregnant cat ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why does she need a bath? It's best to just wipe her down with a warm, damp cloth.

Can your mother help you with finding and paying for a vet?

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Why would you want to bathe her?  Did she get into something?  Scaring her or stressing her would not be good at this stage in her pregnancy if she was indeed pregnant back at the beginning of February.  She needs a vet.

I am of the same opinion as @smudge12  that seriously, if you don't have time and resources to care for her, she needs to be where she can be taken care of.  This is a serious situation that requires a lot of responsibility and dedication.  Like the previous poster, I don't mean this to sound harsh, but you are responsible for not just her life, but the kittens as well. It's just not fair to her or the kittens, and she has already lost one.  Ownership requires a serious commitment, making time for her care despite other obligations, and this may be an urgent situation.  Like I said before, this has been stringing along since February, it's April.  She will deliver those kittens soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Post #97 on September 13th of 2016, I gave you a link for the Humane Society in Harrisburg, PA., about 8 miles from you. They offer low cost spaying and other vet services.

Here is the link again:

http://www.humanesocietyhbg.org/low-cost-voucher-clinics

A cat spay is $65.

I repeated the link again for you on Feb. 8, 2017, in Post #123.

Please act responsibly and get your cat spayed after this litter. Getting a parent involved seems reasonable at this point.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Post #97 on September 13th of 2016, I gave you a link for the Humane Society in Harrisburg, PA., about 8 miles from you. They offer low cost spaying and other vet services.

Here is the link again:

http://www.humanesocietyhbg.org/low-cost-voucher-clinics

A cat spay is $65.

I repeated the link again for you on Feb. 8, 2017, in Post #123.

Please act responsibly and get your cat spayed after this litter. Getting a parent involved seems reasonable at this point.
The OP is saying that finances aren't an issue, but time is. It's one appointment. Can you get someone to help you? It's very important. If you truly don't have time for your cat, perhaps you would be happier with her in a different home.

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's back inside how do I know she didn't dilivee her kittens outside? & yes I was saving up and I'm going to talk to my mom about taking her to the vet soon.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you feel the kittens inside of her still? How long was she outside? I wouldn't think she would leave them so soon to come back in. Is that a flea collar on her? Please take that off before she has them too! I would keep her in a bedroom for now so that she cannot get out anymore.

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was out for a couple hours. Yes her stomach looks huge & she's looking for a place to give birth in I'm sure because she went in my closet and she never goes in there. & I will keep her in my room.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Please talk to your mom today, she needs a vet--or you will have kittens and then have to take them all in.  Soon may not be soon enough.  I would think that she is still pregnant, because that was a bit quick for her to give birth and then reappear.

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You need to take ur cat to a shelter and let some one else care for her. Your to young and r not caring for this animal by allowing her to continue to become pregnant with not ONE vet trip im sorry n not being nasty or horrible but if u love ur cat do the best by her

nadzooki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If these kitten survive r u getting them spayed? Have u got potential homes? And money set aside incase they get sick again n to spay them. If u havnt take her to a shelter. Kitten.r cute and its lovely to see however poor mummy cat needs a break n a check up