Wondering if my cat really is pregnant

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
why does her stomach look like this? I'm getting worried. I finally got the money for a vet trip soon so I'm happy about that.
I don't see anything abnormal with her stomach here... When are you able to get her to the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend recently died so I've been going through a lot and haven't been able to take her.. but I'm not sure if she's pregnant.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear about your boyfriend.

Are you keeping her inside? Do you have any other cats in your house?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a vet bear us who only look after pets for people on low or no income and they take donations . I popped in there to ask if I could take my kitten there as it is close to my home but they refused as I had a job . Is there not anything like this near you ? I'm sorry for your recent loss however finding a vet like this and looking after the cat will help you stay focused and concentrate on something else for a while

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh I will look for one. I'm not sure if there's a place like that near me but I really want to get her to the vet to make sure she's ok and really pregnant.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She really is pregnant. Why would you think otherwise? A vet visit is always a good idea though! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
is there anyway to tell how far along she looks? I don't want here to give birth outside. She escaped but she usually comes back.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Difficult to say without knowing when she mated. An X-ray at the vet would tell you how many and approximately how far along she is.

Do you see or feel kitten movement yet? It's usually 2-3 weeks from that point.

I would not let her out at all. Very risky at this point.

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have little sisters and they're always leaving the door open.

dayana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm 18. I try to keep her in my room as much as possible so she doesn't go outside.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Are your parents not involved or on board with her care?  If they aren't on board with taking care of the cat, is there another adult who you can go to that will assist?  Will your parents at least enforce it with your sisters the importance of not leaving the doors open? Is there anyone you can go to for money help or even someone who would take her and keep her in a secure environment until she has her kittens and they are homed and she is spayed? 

Like others said---and I'll repeat it---she REALLY needs vet care, and she REALLY needs to be kept indoors no matter what it takes at this point.  And the kittens need proper vet care as well....please don't take a "wait and see" approach if one looks like it is not doing well, please find someone to get them help quickly, without delay.  One day, sometimes hours, means life or death with a tiny kitten.  Just please don't wait and see if one gets better.  Too many things can go wrong very quickly, and especially with her history with her last kitten.

This discussion of her possibly being pregnant began back on February 8--and I know you dealt with the death of your boyfriend, but during the time you were dealing with that her pregnancy progressed and so would any health issues, such as parasites.  It is now the first week of April, and she still hasn't been to the vet.  If she was pregnant when you first suspected, she should be getting within a couple weeks of delivering, if not sooner, since no dates are really known.

Please prepare now--find someone who can help you financially and find her a safe, secure spot to be and keep her there.  I know others have tried to stress this, but it bears stating once again--please take care of her.