Wondercide for home flea treatment

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have luck eliminating fleas using Wondercide pet + home spray or am I wasting my time? I just sprayed all around my apartment, but I didn’t spray directly on my cat.

I‘m also vacuuming and washing everything frequently, applying Advantage II monthly, and flea combing daily. I bathed the cat once. A week ago I gave him Capstar and sprinkled food grade diatomaceous earth all over the apartment (what a mess).

Not sure what else to do but he’s still itching, and I still see the little buggers alive and everything else that comes with them. I am scared of insecticide sprays.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use the Advantage spot on every 3 weeks on my two cats, one who is an outdoor cat and occasionally picks up the odd flea, I find it works brilliantly.
They say fleas can become immune if you use the same brand for too long, maybe switch to Frontline, I find this equally as effective.
As for treating the home, I used Indorex, it kills all stages of fleas and I've never had a problem since.
Good luck, fleas are horrible things and can be a real pain to eliminate if you have a big infestation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use the Advantage spot on every 3 weeks on my two cats, one who is an outdoor cat and occasionally picks up the odd flea, I find it works brilliantly.
They say fleas can become immune if you use the same brand for too long, maybe switch to Frontline, I find this equally as effective.
As for treating the home, I used Indorex, it kills all stages of fleas and I've never had a problem since.
Good luck, fleas are horrible things and can be a real pain to eliminate if you have a big infestation.
Ooh I am glad to hear Advantage works for you! It seems to help my cat initially but loses effectiveness before it’s been a month, so that’s a good idea to use it every 3 weeks- I will do that! And I’ll check out Frontline and Indorex... thank you 😊

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know anything about Wondercide. I do know I have been fighting fleas for months. I tried Adams Home Spray - a few times, then Martin's IGR a couple of times, and finally Precor 2000. As the directions state, I used in once and then again two weeks later. Whether it was the multi treatment approach, or just that Precor 2000 was more effective, I don't know - but, I think I may be on the 'other side' of the flea issue. All of these treatments are safe to use if you let them dry before allowing the cat back into the sprayed area.

I was using Advantage II once a month also, but because it didn't seem to be doing much, I began to give Feeby a treatment every 10 days. The directions for this product state that with a serious flea infestation, you can use it as soon as every 7 days. Now that I think I might have made some good headway, I am going to back to as treatment every 2 weeks for a while, and ideally get it back to once a month. Using another product instead isn't a bad idea, but Feeby is 16+ yo and I am pretty leery of some of the products on the market on a cat her age.

Last edited:

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ooh I am glad to hear Advantage works for you! It seems to help my cat initially but loses effectiveness before it’s been a month, so that’s a good idea to use it every 3 weeks- I will do that! And I’ll check out Frontline and Indorex... thank you 😊
Yes I found with both flea brands that after 3wks they start to lose there effectiveness so now I do it routinely every 21days and I've never had a problem.
What I like about Advantage is fleas die within a hr or two of landing on the cat where as Frontline it can take up to 12hrs.
When you treat your house, do one room at a time and then when its safe to do so allow your cat in there, any fleas that have survived can then land on the cat and die from the spot on treatment.

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about Wondercide. I do know I have been fighting fleas for months. I tried Adams Home Spray - a few times, then Martin's IGR a couple of times, and finally Precor 2000. As the directions state, I used in once and then again two weeks later. Whether it was the multi treatment approach, or just that Precor 2000 was more effective, I don't know - but, I think I may be on the 'other side' of the flea issue. All of these treatments are safe to use if you let them dry before allowing the cat back into the sprayed area.

I was using Advantage II once a month also, but because it didn't seem to be doing much, I began to give Feeby a treatment every 10 days. The directions for this product state that with a serious flea infestation, you can use it as soon as every 7 days. Now that I think I might have made some good headway, I am going to back to as treatment every 2 weeks for a while, and ideally get it back to once a month. Using another product instead isn't a bad idea, but Feeby is 16+ yo and I am pretty leery of some of the products on the market on a cat her age.
I may have to get over my fear of chemicals... I looked into Precor before but was just too scared to try. I am super leery of anything with chemicals around or on my cat, and I really hate using chemical topicals, sprays, etc.

I so wish there was an effective way to get rid of fleas naturally but alas I have heard some people say that none of the natural ways really work :( if the Wondercide doesn’t seem to have worked, I’ll have to get Precor or something. I’m glad you’re getting to the other side of your problem and I’m sure Feeby is feeling so much better!

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I found with both flea brands that after 3wks they start to lose there effectiveness so now I do it routinely every 21days and I've never had a problem.
What I like about Advantage is fleas die within a hr or two of landing on the cat where as Frontline it can take up to 12hrs.
When you treat your house, do one room at a time and then when its safe to do so allow your cat in there, any fleas that have survived can then land on the cat and die from the spot on treatment.
If I try a chemical spray, I will definitely go room by room and keep the cat away until it’s dried. Thank you for the tips!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone have luck eliminating fleas using Wondercide pet + home spray or am I wasting my time? I just sprayed all around my apartment, but I didn’t spray directly on my cat.

I‘m also vacuuming and washing everything frequently, applying Advantage II monthly, and flea combing daily. I bathed the cat once. A week ago I gave him Capstar and sprinkled food grade diatomaceous earth all over the apartment (what a mess).

Not sure what else to do but he’s still itching, and I still see the little buggers alive and everything else that comes with them. I am scared of insecticide sprays.
Did the Wondercide work?

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did the Wondercide work?
Overall, no it didn’t. If you see a flea and spray Wondercide directly on it it does kill it, but it didn’t do anything to stop the bigger problem.

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use revolution on my cats, who are both indoor/outdoor cats, and never had a flea problem. While it’s a prescription med in the usa, you can order them for much cheaper from australia and have it shipped here. It kills fleas at all life stages... highly recommended.