With a heart full of gratitude

gusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear everyone,
I don’t know any of you in real life and yet I feel your love and concern in my profound grief. I am deeply moved and so so grateful you all took the time to care; it means the world to me.
My other boy, Gus, who had P.U. Surgery (8 years ago? And again, here is where I was to find answers and support, which I did)was never without Johnny and is in his own way suffering too. I am his, he is mine, and we are in this together.
You’d think after 58 years of owning pets this would be easier or I’d toughen up,no? But it never is and I never do.
I still remember the little runt Boots (a very handsome tuxedo ) I literally picked up from a driveway when I was 5, which was the beginning of a lifetime of love and laughter.
Yes, forever isn’t long enough.
May the universe bless and keep all you kind souls and your beloved. I remain deeply grateful for all your kind words.
Gus and Johnny, on a moving day.

Attachments

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh friend, your post touched my heart. Although we are "virtual" friends, the community here has been one of the kindest families I ever joined. We will always be here, someone, somewhere will be here to lend an ear and hand during tough times.

58 years, that is a long time to love so endlessly and unconditionally, it is only natural it never gets easier. For your heart only grows more, never shrinks. How lucky, Gus and Johnny were to have someone to care for them and love them like there is no tomorrow. I am sending you all the support and kindness right now, please always reach out here, we will always reply. That is the beauty of this wonderful place, someone will always be here.:grouphug::heartshape:

Here is a photo of my youngest girl, Ellie, hopefully it brings a smile to your face much like it did mine.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh friend, your post touched my heart. Although we are "virtual" friends, the community here has been one of the kindest families I ever joined. We will always be here, someone, somewhere will be here to lend an ear and hand during tough times.

58 years, that is a long time to love so endlessly and unconditionally, it is only natural it never gets easier. For your heart only grows more, never shrinks. How lucky, Gus and Johnny were to have someone to care for them and love them like there is no tomorrow. I am sending you all the support and kindness right now, please always reach out here, we will always reply. That is the beauty of this wonderful place, someone will always be here.:grouphug::heartshape:

Here is a photo of my youngest girl, Ellie, hopefully it brings a smile to your face much like it did mine.
Ellie did bring a smile to my face…how could she not? What a gorgeous little one. And just when I thought I’d never smile again, leave it to a beauty like little Ellie to change my mind! Thank you for sharing and caring.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for those precious words. The Cat Site is, to me, a special place, one of the most special I have ever been privileged to be a part of. It is, for so many of us, a family of the heart. We celebrate the good times, and draw close when one of us is hurting. That's what the best families do. For now, we are hurting with you. We are here, and we care.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This IS a wonderful place to come, I know I was so grateful for any crumb of hope for the future. It is gratifying to see that you can get through grief and even become stronger for it.
I have tried other sites and was shocked at how callus and mean spirited some were. This site would not allow it, not for long anyway.
I know many, like me, derive comfort from giving it. Thank you so much for coming here and saying it helped, it keeps us going......