Witch + Werewolf = Cats!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I am new. :) My husband and I never planned on having more than two cats, but we now have nine inside, a feral who lives on our porch, and a small colony that we help support. I have two grown children from my previous marriage, so cats just seemed the best way to go! go!

We saved Astrid Cordelia Rose and her sister, Estella Flannery Thyme, from someone who was going to use them as target practice and then bury them in his yard. My daughter told me about it, and I went and saved them. I also cussed out the jerk and reported him.

Next came Willow Elizabeth Sage and Fennimore Strider Black, about four months after Estella and Astrid. A friend of a friend found Willow, Fennimore, and their brother Pip near her barn. The mother and two siblings disappeared and were likely taken by coyotes. They were a wild little bunch, but they ended up happy. Pip stayed with my friend because her elderly cat loved him, and Willow and Fennimore came with me.

Two months later, that same friend's mother found our next two, Tara Lenore Tierney and Simon Greystoke Thane, near her home. Tara actually led her to Simon who was found starving and very ill. My friend was going to keep Tara and I was going to take Simon, but Tara ended up loving me. I also did not like the idea of separating Tara and Simon. (Had I known, Tara would have been named River Lenore Tierney. Any "Firefly" fans should know why!)

We thought, "We are dangerously close to being crazy cat people." But, unless you can not care for all you cats, is it really that bad to be crazy cat people? A couple of years passed and it seemed as if six was it.

Then Freya Adaline Pryne came into our life. Found in a bush near our home by my daughter, Freya was a wild baby. It was like having babies Willow, Fennimore, and Pip on their worst day wrapped up in an eight-week-old kitten. She loved my daughter instantly, but it took her a year to warm up to the rest of the humans and some of the cats. The other cats, she ignores or begrudgingly lets them groom her.

Around the same time, a local feral took up nightly residence on our front porch. We bought him a little house and heater. I named him Linden Maximus Poe. He has been coming nightly to our house for three years, and I have only gotten close to him when we TNRed.

My son works at a restaurant and spent more than a year trying to win the trust of our eight cat, who evaded traps and was afraid of everything. We had been planning on doing a TNR, but when he finally gained her trust and caught her, we changed our minds. The vet said she was deaf, which is why she was scared all the time. Our cats took to her quickly. We named her Evangeline Evayne Snow. Soon she earned the titles "Her Royal Highness" and "Princess Piggy Piggy."

A year passed with no new cats. Then, two weeks ago, I found a starving baby kitten, covered in fleas, spots of mange, and a burn on his hip. I could not very well ignore him! After his vet check-up, I decided there was no way I could let him go. That added Silas Endeavour Book to our family. He was pretty much separated the first week due to the mange, but it cleared quickly and he is running around with his brothers and sisters. He is almost two pounds already!

I am looking forward to talking with everyone!

My Big Boy Fennimore (He is an easy 16 pounds)

Estella and Astrid (Astrid has more grey) still cuddle

Little Willow! She is our second smallest and half the size of her brother!

Simon, our Handsome Man

Tara, our Wack-A-Doodle

Linden before getting fixed and before we redid the porch (Ignore the paint!)

Freya

Her Royal Highness Evangeline Evayne Snow, Princess Piggy Piggy

Silas, Little Man!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! What a beautiful little clowder! I love Evangeline’s eyes, which look about 50% of her!
Thanks! Evangeline is the sweetest cat I have ever encountered. Her eyes really do seem to make up most of her little face! She has the strangest voice, though!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
Elphaba09 and all the furry friends, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3EF3C69C-C57A-4A14-9DBC-3245B7ACD310.gif
from all of us
IMG_3865.JPG

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for taking in these kitties and for giving them love and warmth and a fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your gorgeous cats! I have to tell you, I flat am in love with their names! You will, perhaps, appreciate my girl's name, "Hekitty," a play on "Hekate." Hekitty Rene, actually.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Thanks for saving those cats! You did well cussing that guy out and reporting him! And such a pair of cuties! :redheartpump: In fact, all your cats are beautiful! Fennimore is such a stud. And Silas is such a little doll.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your gorgeous cats! I have to tell you, I flat am in love with their names! You will, perhaps, appreciate my girl's name, "Hekitty," a play on "Hekate." Hekitty Rene, actually.

Oh! Hekate is one of my favorites! Hekitty is a nice play on the name.

Thank you! Everyone on my side of the family has at least two middle names except my son, who was named by his paternal great-great-grandma. (I could deny that woman nothing. At least she picked a decent enough name.) I know some people like "cat" names, which is fine; however, we went with names we would have actually considered for a child of ours. My daughter said that I have to help her name any children she has. Silly!

One day, I will have a Horatio Killian Blue. So far, none of our male cats have looked like a Horatio.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Thanks for saving those cats! You did well cussing that guy out and reporting him! And such a pair of cuties! :redheartpump: In fact, all your cats are beautiful! Fennimore is such a stud. And Silas is such a little doll.
Thank you! I was so angry at that jerk! I bet that they are not the only two he has harmed. It just makes me sick. Estella and Astrid are such wonderful cats. Estella is particularly intelligent. She can open doors, closes doors to keep out the other cats, and plays fetch, but only with my 25-year-old son about whom she is crazy.

I will let Fennimore know that you called him a stud. Haha! He certainly thinks he is one!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evangeline is my favorite of the lot!♥♥
She is secretly my husband's favorite, too. He is her not-so-secret favorite human. As sweet as her little face is, her personality is 1,000 times sweeter.

All the humans in my family think Fennimore is my favorite. (He is not: He just makes me laugh more than the others because he is such a silly-butt.) Each of the cats thinks that they are my favorite. I am the favorite human of Fennimore, Tara, Astrid, and Silas.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Beautiful cats. :catlove: Thank you for rescuing them. :petcat:

Does Linden know there are other cats living the "good life" inside the house? If so, has he ever shown an interest in joining them?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Beautiful cats. :catlove: Thank you for rescuing them. :petcat:

Does Linden know there are other cats living the "good life" inside the house? If so, has he ever shown an interest in joining them?
Thank you! We think they are beautiful, too!

Linden does know that the cats inside are living the good life, and he has no interest. The closest I came to him was when he was in a cage for TNR. At no point was he calm in the cage! When he comes to the porch, he keeps a good distance. I like to say that he is a feral who enjoys "glamping" in his heated house and ready food.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess with a heated house and food provided regularly, Linden already thinks he's living the good life. Maybe when he's older he'll retire to the human's house. ;)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess with a heated house and food provided regularly, Linden already thinks he's living the good life. Maybe when he's older he'll retire to the human's house. ;)
Linden is as spoiled as he will let himself be! I even give him Capstar to try to help with his fleas. :)