Wish Me Luck *Sigh*

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

It's not approved here. I found some stuff on the web that says Canada is doing testing and research on it but it's still not sold here.

Thank you both for the well-wishes.
seattle is not that far from you, i think.,
can you not just drive down there?

or could i send you some ?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Hope you get it settled soon

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

It's not approved here. I found some stuff on the web that says Canada is doing testing and research on it but it's still not sold here.
Too bad you can't get into some study group.

I can't remember what drug it was, but on another forum I'm a member of there's a Australian member who had to jump through a few hoops to get a med that wasn't made or approved over there - she had to get her medicine from the US. There may be a way around it if you must have it, as in potentially life threatening.

Two month wait for blood tests? Considering what tests you need that seems like an awful long time to wait. Guess I'm spoiled from getting tests done soon and/or if I request them.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...or could i send you some ?
That's what I was thinking -- can't one of us get it for you and mail it up there? You know you have lots of willing friends here...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news, everyone! The regular B-12 has taken away the hurt-ache in my hands and feet and I am now able to hold a cup of coffee for longer than two minutes before having to rest my hand.

Whether it helps "fix" my red blood cells, we will see in January when I have the tests done. But I am encouraged!

Bruce, Sharky, Carol, and Sarah: Your offer to help has touched me very deeply. I don't really have the words...
Your kindness will not be forgotten.

(We'll see in January if this B-12 is doing the job or not. I'd also need to find out it's even possible to do that.)

There's no bridge, so to get to Seattle is a minimum of 4 hours (realistically about 6 hours) by ferry, if you include waits and the drive, and it's not cheap but if we had to, that is an option.

I just don't know if a pharmacy would fill a prescription from a foreign doctor, I'll have to look into that.

Originally Posted by sharky

Hope you get it settled soon
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Too bad you can't get into some study group.

I can't remember what drug it was, but on another forum I'm a member of there's a Australian member who had to jump through a few hoops to get a med that wasn't made or approved over there - she had to get her medicine from the US. There may be a way around it if you must have it, as in potentially life threatening.

Two month wait for blood tests? Considering what tests you need that seems like an awful long time to wait. Guess I'm spoiled from getting tests done soon and/or if I request them.
I was in a study group in Austin 25 years ago and that's how my anemia was diagnosed, so I believe in study groups!

The reason we are waiting two months to test is because it takes that long for the B-12 to work if it is going to work.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That's what I was thinking -- can't one of us get it for you and mail it up there? You know you have lots of willing friends here...
Thank you everyone for the kind words and well-wishes!

p.s. My physiotherapist yesterday said that my back was in spams and I was instructed to rest and keep it warm the rest of the day. I felt something going on back there but with all the other pain I didn't really notice very much, lol. But that's a subject for another thread!