Wire Chewing

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Um the rawhide and the greenies they only had for dogs could she eat the greenies for dogs I almost got her some and I was thinking like teething ring for babies but theirs nothing in them for her to swallow

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rawhide chew sticks are safe for cats and way better than wires!!! They sell them for dogs but are ok for cats. If you are really concerned, ask your vet. (I’m talking the chew sticks for tiny dogs not a cow bone chew toy ;) )

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, been there, done that, 30 years ago.
1. be sure all your cords are tied tight, with cable ties

2. I'm sure to be downvoted for this, but I once linked 5x 9v batteries, in series, with some speaker wire, across my cat's tree. And I distinctly remember hearing "bzz" and "lick lick lick" at about 3am one day. My cats at the time never, ever, chewed another cord again!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, been there, done that, 30 years ago.
1. be sure all your cords are tied tight, with cable ties

2. I'm sure to be downvoted for this, but I once linked 5x 9v batteries, in series, with some speaker wire, across my cat's tree. And I distinctly remember hearing "bzz" and "lick lick lick" at about 3am one day. My cats at the time never, ever, chewed another cord again!
I haven't heard the bzz yet she has been good so far I've gotten her more toys to play with

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Does it smell like she might not be phased by it
Foul Citrus smell. Tastes even worse. My cat won't chew a Critter Cord and that's saying something. He'll eat a sofa if you let him.
Any of your small cords that have a little box/module on the end that plugs into the wall. Such as phone chargers and things of that nature....those modules convert 110v a/c into lesser voltage, usually d/c current. If those get chewed up, you'll have to replace them, but, won't hurt your pet.
The power cords that are "normal" looking that go to lamps, tv, stereo, etc...those are 110v and will kill pets. Those are the cords to worry about.
We wrapped four cords in our living room with Critter Cords and it was about three days before we could stand to go into the living room.
However, that put a stop to cord chewing.
They will protect the cord from chewing. Protect the pet from injury. And after a few attempts, you're pet will learn not to mess with cords.
None of ours are wrapped now.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She 9nly only
The rawhide chew sticks are safe for cats and way better than wires!!! They sell them for dogs but are ok for cats. If you are really concerned, ask your vet. (I’m talking the chew sticks for tiny dogs not a cow bone chew toy ;) )
I just wanted to make sure what to get her i was looking at the greenies but can I give her the dog greenies are they like the same thing ?