Window Perch Recommendations Needed

heyitsfae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently moved into a new apartment and sadly, it lacks windowsills... which has lead to a very sad kitty. I thought that the solution might be to just buy one of those sills that you can attach yourself, like this. However, in reading the descriptions on these products it looks like you need at least a couple of inches of existing windowsill to mount these things to; which we don't have.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality sills that could be bolted into the wall as opposed to using the windowsill?

Is the best option to buy a small free-standing perch like this?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We bought a cat bed that uses suction cups to hold it on the glass. I had my doubts whether it would be strong enough to hold, but we've had it a year and a half, and it holds even my 16 lb. cat. After several months, one of the suction cups cracked and the manufacturer sent two replacement ones, free of charge.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i do like reviews from floppycats.com. She is a youtuber, owner of 2 big ragdolls . Here the review for one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heyitsfae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! I had no idea suction cup sills even existed. What a world! :lol:

I think that's what I'm going to try out... my window sitter is a tiny little thing so it should work out well.

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cat tree with a perch about window sill height. My cats sprawl out across the tree & window sill. They especially love it if you can open the window (just a crack, or with petproof screen in place) so they can feel breezes and enjoy smells & sounds of the outdoors.

Any furniture in front of the window becomes an instant cat perch. Sofa tables, plant stands, sideboards, short bookcases, board and crate constructions, whatever. Just make sure it's something stable and that you don't mind getting scratched up from all the attention.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We put our cat tree in front of the window for our girls. It gives them more than one level to look out the window from too. I have a bird feeder hanging from the eve of the house outside that window; so it's a favorite spot.

fornana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is another example of the suction cup beds.

I got it from a seller on Etsy. Here's her shop:
>^^< Curious Cats Window Perch >^^< by JennGv

I was really impressed with the quality/softness of the material and the strength it has to hold up Abraham (not pictured...he's a little more round if you know what I mean).

I have one of their cat trees, a medium sized one, in-front of the window as-well. They all love to spend time up there.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I was in a place for 2 weeks that had no window sills-what I used were banana boxes stacked up to the window-used another part of a banana box to make a sturdy shelf as the boxes have openings at top and bottom-line both bottom/top with another piece of the banana box makes it very sturdy. Banana boxes hold up to 40lbs. I took a pretty pattern sheet and draped it over the boxes-hiding what they look like-I used the boxes to store the winter warm gear...Then I put a thin pillow on top with a towel across-they loved it.

you can get an old end table and do the same thing. Put it up on 2x4 blocks until it's to height of the window-and put a nice pillow bed on it with a towel across it for easy laundering.

lorenaavila

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this answer is very delayed but I thought somebody else could use my help. I recently reviewed a cat window perch to be used for windows without sill. Search for cat window perch and my name and you will see it on Google results.