Window And Balcony Door Screen Help!

Mister_Sylvester

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello

Can anyone recommend a pet screen they have purchased for their window/balcony door?
My new kitten is climbing both and I would like to put up the additional screens to protect mine as I rent and to make sure he doesn't push through or make a hole and get out. There are so many options on amazon I was hoping to see if anyone can recommend a good one.

Thank you!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Window screens are the one thing Ruby has never scratched. At least not yet. So I've never had to look into cat proof screens. Hopefully some other members have, and will see this thread, and reply.

Welcome to TCS, BTW. :wave2: If you're interested, we have a New Cats on the Block forum where you can "formally" introduce yourself and your kitten. :compsurfing:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome! We had a few windows with no screens, and in a high-rise wanted safe kitties but also some breeze. We attached some Velcro to something similar to this and attached Velcro to the window frame. No one tried climbing it though, so not sure if that will work in your case.

Google Express

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are window screens made specifically with pets in mind. Instead of a rigid mesh, it's flexible and doesn't tear or get holes as easily. I'm pretty sure you can buy a roll from a hardware store or online and replace your current window screens with it.