Wilson the Rescue Cat

WillysMom

Jenna
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! My boyfriend and I have recently adopted Wilson from a rescue and I thought it would be a good idea to join this site so I can learn more about cats! I have only ever had dogs growing up but have always wanted a cat. So we decided one day to look at some rescues and see if they had any cats, and they did! We knew Wilson would be perfect for us because he loves dogs and we have a rescue dog as well. We have had Wilson for almost two months now and we love him so much. He is around 6 months old and he is a DSH black cat. He got neutered a couple of days ago and we found it impossible to keep his cone on, so we just made sure to keep a super close eye on him and to not let him lick. I read lots online that other people had trouble with that as well. He also still runs around and plays with our dog. We keep the play to a minimum but also find it very hard to keep him from running around too much since he is still a kitten and has tons of energy. Any tips or anything would be greatly appreciated! Or stories of when your cat got neutered/spayed :)

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We're glad you're here and we'll be happy to help in any way that we can 😊
One suggestion I always found helpful when a cone won't work, is to wrap Wilson in an ace bandage around his midsection. This way the incision is protected from licking and bumps. Just remember to remove it every so often so it can be aired out and to check to make sure there's no infections. You could always use a kitten t-shirt as well, IF he'll tolerate it.

Oh, and PS - We LOVE pictures of everyone's fur babies, so feel free to share as many as you take!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Wilson! And welcome to the Wonderful World of Cats!

While wearing that cone would be ideal, some cats just...won't. And do remember, ferals are routinely neutered and returned to their colonies within 24 hours, and most of them do just fine. Keep an eye out for actual bleeding, or puss in the area. I doubt you'll see it, but watch for a few days. Neutering is far less invasive than spaying, and has a far shorter recovery time.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
8a38f83d4776379958a843f398b82cdb.jpg
WillysMom and Wilson, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Please post photos of Wilson for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillysMom

Jenna
Kitten
Purraise
Here's a couple pics of Wilson! The one of me and him is when we were on our way home from the vet after he got neutered and he wasn't very happy haha I have lots more that I will post

Attachments