Will This Black Kitten Lose Its White Hairs?

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This kitten has random white hairs on it and my friend just wanted to know if it would lose them or keep them. Also the general health? Has some eye crusties, so were wondering if he is healthy as well. The litter came from the outside. imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_1.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s cute! His white hairs could be a fever coat, which he will grow out of. Some black cats have a few white hairs mingled throughout their coat just as part of their coloration.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a black cat who has had some white hairs all her life. Sometimes she has a white whisker. The placement of the hairs has changed over her life so far, but she always has white ear hairs.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like it might have a touch of a cold. Is this your kitten? He needs to see the vet asap for a wellness check and first shots if he is healthy. That is not something we can tell you over the internet. He needs weighed, temperature taken, ears and eyes checked, etc by a veterinarian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks like it might have a touch of a cold. Is this your kitten? He needs to see the vet asap for a wellness check and first shots if he is healthy. That is not something we can tell you over the internet. He needs weighed, temperature taken, ears and eyes checked, etc by a veterinarian.
No, no. Not my kitten. A friend found and is going to rehome the litter. It'll be the responsibility of the adopters to get all their vetting done.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotcha, I guess my concern really is that if that eye gets any worse, he may need to see a vet in the meantime. It might be hard to find a home for a kitten with a cold.
He is super adorable. I love when their eyes are still blue. I wish they stayed that way!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie is the black cat in my avatar. He's had the occasional white hair (and whisker). As far as the eye crusties go, I definitely recommend getting that checked out. Charlie came to me with a slight respiratory issue that required treatment. He seems to have constant eye crusties, though-he's never been very good at washing his face.