Will my kittens grow out of waiting for me to go to the tray?

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is so weird for me! One of my beautiful, CRAZY, 4 month old kittens appears to wait for me to come downstairs in the morning before jumping in the litter box for a pee. Both of them are more keen to use the litter box if i'm there. Literally in the same room :lol:
It's kind of cute but i'm trying to avoid having a litter box upstairs and so i'm needing to take them downstairs occasionally to encourage them to use the box instead of the floor upstairs where I spend most of the day when working from home.

I had them neutered this week, the vet said they'd be drowsy the rest of the day and maybe a bit sick. Instead they were maybe even more hyperactive than usual, broke into the kitchen bins and pulled out food packets! So naughty! So much fun, I love them and they're SO SOFT.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The black and white one is currently attacking my feet under the blanket, will he grow out of that too? :lol:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they can't get to the litter box while you work then I would put one upstairs at least until they get bigger. I have a boy who is 3 and still likes to go when I'm in the room even meows to let me know he's been. But if I'm not there he will go no problem he just likes a audience. The rule is one litter tray per cat plus one. If they don't mind sharing then you can get away with less but I wouldn't have any less than one each. And most kitten's attack feet when they are young I would discourage it because its cute now but won't be when they are bigger. They are adorable love the pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not Jackson Galaxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, they can get to the boxes (downstairs) but if i'm upstairs they don't want to go downstairs so they have instead wee'd upstairs. They are absolutely fine sharing 2 boxes for now.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, they can get to the boxes (downstairs) but if i'm upstairs they don't want to go downstairs so they have instead wee'd upstairs. They are absolutely fine sharing 2 boxes for now.
In that case you could try to move the litter box just a little at a time until eventually they are going downstairs hopefully they follow it every few days move it a bit more. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.