Will My Cat Have Long Hair Or A Short Hair?

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here he is at 7.5 weeks:

The owner says he's half Persian and half Siamese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
here are other photos of him:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt that these kittens are half Persian and half Siamese. They look like normal domestic shorthair kittens. Maybe the person meant that "one parent has long hair like a Persian, and the other parent has a pointed color pattern like a Siamese"? From the color of the kittens, it appears that both parents have some white on them, and the mother is either red or tortoiseshell.

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for the insight. that was also what i was thinking because, i can't see any indication of a persian or a siamese breed. at this point i couldn't tell if it will be short haired or a medium haired domestic kitty...

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens look like shorthairs to me. Sometimes, though, a kitten that looks shorthaired at first can suddenly fluff up and sprout long hair. :)

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again. I will take him home 2 days from now. I will make an update (with better pictures this time :D)

Fracturedhip

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
looks like what both of mine did when they were babies and they turned out medium length beautiful hair babies

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
looks like what both of mine did when they were babies and they turned out medium length beautiful hair babies
Hi Fracturedhip...thanks for the input...do you have any kitten pictures? appreciate it :)

Miramar91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was also wondering about my cat will she have long or short hair i saw her mom she has long hair and the dad was her son( i know incest) but just wondering thx in advance here are some pix

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
based on what i can see on you may have a dmh kitten...let's wait for the others see what they have to say...

I was also wondering about my cat will she have long or short hair i saw her mom she has long hair and the dad was her son( i know incest) but just wondering thx in advance here are some pix

Luther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how old is he?