Will My Bengal Change Her Coloration?

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little sweetie is 14 weeks. Im not sure what her background color would be described as? I was hoping someone here would know. Also is her color going to change as she grows up? I love her, and she's a cutie but was just curious. Thank you!!;)
IMG_20180816_124226~2.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's another picture.
IMG_20180819_231949~2.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’d say that’s what her coloring will look like as an adult. She’s gorgeous! The only times cats really change color/pattern are if they are colorpointed (born white and then develop markings), or born with a fever coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cupcake_Luv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Her background color what color would you say it is? I'm unsure on if it's brown or gold. On her microchip I'd description I put spotted tabby cuz I'm not sure on what color she is.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If gold is used in description of bengals, it should be gold. :)

But for everyday use to non cat people whom barely see difference between a persian, a siamese and a bengal, writing down a spotted (brown) tabby is OK!

To speak the truth, its not common we can see a real bengal here.

Usually its tabbies with some spots on the belly where the owner thinks they perhaps are bengals...

Here we all see it must be a purebred bengal, even if you hadnt no papers to back it up.
I dont need to take the emergency exit of creating an imaginary granddad, which I often do for somewhat bengal look alikes, say if the marbles arent typical classic tabby marbles.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's brown in bengals and their coats darken up some with age

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitten! The coat may darken a bit, the spots may seem a little smaller with growth.But basically will stay the same. i have seen many tabbies start out with spotted coats that turn into stripes, but Bengals won't.