Will Labor Ever Begin?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For anyone following this post because they are experiencing the same thing....

Please do not allow your cat to go this far along without checking with a vet. We had approval is the only reason we were allowed to hold out. Now for the fun part.

Baylee showed signs for two weeks, but the ONLY reason I knew it was coming was because the contractions. Her contractions were obvious. Her whole stomach would become hard. It wasn’t just one side. I could feel each kitten during contractions, but they would not move until the contraction was over. This lasted for hours. Finally I felt a tiny wet spot on the blanket and that point she started pushing within the hour. It’s so hard to be patient, but man I witnessed every signthwre was. However, I KNEW when the contractions come it was time. She never got in her nest. She had each baby in my lap. It was amazing honestly. I wasn’t grossed out one bit. Encourage her. Baylee actually seemed out for me to touch her each time. Just follow your kitties lead. Congrats and I hope you all get to experience the greatness I did.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For anyone following this post because they are experiencing the same thing....

Please do not allow your cat to go this far along without checking with a vet. We had approval is the only reason we were allowed to hold out. Now for the fun part.

Baylee showed signs for two weeks, but the ONLY reason I knew it was coming was because the contractions. Her contractions were obvious. Her whole stomach would become hard. It wasn’t just one side. I could feel each kitten during contractions, but they would not move until the contraction was over. This lasted for hours. Finally I felt a tiny wet spot on the blanket and that point she started pushing within the hour. It’s so hard to be patient, but man I witnessed every signthwre was. However, I KNEW when the contractions come it was time. She never got in her nest. She had each baby in my lap. It was amazing honestly. I wasn’t grossed out one bit. Encourage her. Baylee actually seemed out for me to touch her each time. Just follow your kitties lead. Congrats and I hope you all get to experience the greatness I did.
It is wonderful that she took such comfort from you being there and has such trust in you.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kitten! :lovecat:

... Sorry, brain sees kitten and goes blank for a moment.

Hmmm.... coloring is interesting. Not sure if torbie or something else but colors usually will shift a little bit between a newborn and 2-3 months old. Nothing really dramatic usually more a maturing. It will be interesting to see how they grow. Please feel free to keep updating this thread as they grow up, I know I love the kitten photos and updates on little ones.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love that little white saddleback/hourglass/spot on the back of the grey one. But I am a sucker for white swirls and shapes. My girl has a white swirl on one shoulder and opposite hip that I adore.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love that little white saddleback/hourglass/spot on the back of the grey one. But I am a sucker for white swirls and shapes. My girl has a white swirl on one shoulder and opposite hip that I adore.
My friend that wants that one has named it Texas. Can’t tell sex for sure, but she believes it looks like Texas. :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My friend that wants that one has named it Texas. Can’t tell sex for sure, but she believes it looks like Texas. :)
Nice! Gender is unimportant when the name is just right. My girl is Rocket. We did think she was a he and when we figured out our mistake it didn't matter. She was well and firmly Rocket. It fits her personality and her in general; I wouldn't change it for the world.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm seeking out a quiet solitary place to do a few cartwheels.
I'm so glad she delivered easily, quickly, and well and knew what to do. The babies are beauties!!!!!!!!! Happy "Original" Birthday, babies!!
:party2::party::party3::celebrate::bday:

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind words. They are so sweet. Mom walks off to eat (like two steps) and keeps nudging them in my lap to babysit.