Will Labor Ever Begin?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did the vet say how many kittens are expected?
Yes, but now that y’all are all invested I’m waiting til they are born for everyone that guessed. He did say there could be more because it showed one at a time, but he doubts it based on her size.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s good that you know so you can make sure they all come out, along with the proper number of placentas.

If a kitten does get stuck and you know there are more behind it, you’ll need to act quickly as kittens can die if they remain in the birth canal too long.

Games are fun up to a point.

• Purraise
Reactions: BRB

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You’ll want to limit any visitors for the first three weeks at least.
The only visitor we can’t cut off is my son’s therapist. Other than that we never really have company. I think we will be safe. I’m gonna keep them secluded to the room for awhile still because our other pets.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s good that you know so you can make sure they all come out, along with the proper number of placentas.

If a kitten does get stuck and you know there are more behind it, you’ll need to act quickly as kittens can die if they remain in the birth canal too long.

Games are fun up to a point.
I agree. I am really glad that I at least got that today. Really today was great overall because I was so scared he would say csection but I’m also glad we was able to choose natural. Induction sounded so much better because it was a for sure thing, but I want her to be comfortable and have the most natural experience she can.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpg
Currently snoozing on the floor. She’s slept a lot since the appointment. They wasglad I shaved her tummy so they didn’t have to. Lol

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay guys. Good news.

Baylee’s kitties are doing good and doing great at growth. I will let you all know how many when they are born to see who all is right if people want to continue to guess. So far all have heart beats. They did not induce her. Craziness I know, but he said she is showing some progress and signs of labor and really believes it won’t be more than 48 hours and that she shouldn’t have trouble.
(Catching up on this thread!)
:hyper::bunnydance:

• Purraise
Reactions: BRB

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only visitor we can’t cut off is my son’s therapist. Other than that we never really have company. I think we will be safe. I’m gonna keep them secluded to the room for awhile still because our other pets.
Just for Baylee's sake, new kittens are stressful and after a week or so she should be OK with people visiting and peeking in.
Could you text them pictures instead, if at all possible and just tell them you want to keep her stress low? Don't tell them they're being blown off, or cut off.
Last cat we had that had kittens we were instructed to keep the room dimly lit and keep traffic at minimum (no visitors), not just for safety but for stress.
Mama cat needs to bond with kittens, and kittens sleep a GREAT deal and don't need to be held/handled/fondled by people that aren't caring for them, if at all possible. =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for Baylee's sake, new kittens are stressful and after a week or so she should be OK with people visiting and peeking in.
Could you text them pictures instead, if at all possible and just tell them you want to keep her stress low? Don't tell them they're being blown off, or cut off.
Last cat we had that had kittens we were instructed to keep the room dimly lit and keep traffic at minimum (no visitors), not just for safety but for stress.
Mama cat needs to bond with kittens, and kittens sleep a GREAT deal and don't need to be held/handled/fondled by people that aren't caring for them, if at all possible. =)
I re read that. I hope I don't sound harsh! If so I apologize, I do not mean that ever.
IIRC from your earliest posts on this thread, you're a mother of small/small-ish children?
Just kind of try to remember that delivery and the aftermath. You're SO excited to show off your new baby, your new baby is beautiful. But you're exhausted. Labor isn't always easy and after it's all said and done you just want some quiet alone time to rest and some time to hang out with your new baby and bond with them. You don't turn family and friends away who are practically dying to see the new addition, but something in you wishes they'd kind of just pop in, say hello, adore the baby, then move on. You want to rest, you want R&R, you just want things quiet so you and the baby can sleep.
No diff IME with animals. Baylee will absolutely love you for helping her in any way but strangers she doesn't know handling her kittens will certainly make her nervous.
I visited a nearby friend that had some barn kittens, and only visited to get a kitten fix. These kittens were 5-6 weeks old, not newborns. I sat with them and was holding each one, talking to them (biting my tongue til it bled to keep from saying "I'll take them all!!!!!").
Mama cat was there. She did not know me. She ran into the area where the kittens were and rushed me a little. She sat down about 4 inches from my side, and calmly watched me. She was one hell of a mama cat. Her entire demeanor said "fine, hold my kids. They're beautiful, aren't they? I'm watching you, ***hole, make one wrong move and there will be hell to pay."
Her maternal instincts were amazing but it DID cause her stress having strangers handle babies that weren't weaned.
When they're older, watch Baylee because you know her best. If she's visibly worried about having people she does not know handle her babies (who will probably cry, as kittens do), be polite but cut the visit short.

JMO. Again, I hope I don't come off as cross or snotty. That's not my intentions. If I did, I do apologize completely!

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will be in her own room so the therapist should not come in there whatsoever. She will just be in our home.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absolutely not! You’re not being rude so no need to apologize. My son would probably be the only one allowed and not to hold kittens but to visit mom when she needs a break. That is Baylee’s favorite human. Although I love her and care for her, her whole demeanor changes when he is around. However, I don’t think anyone needs to handle them at first. I never wanted to share my kids. Lol. Not too mention the fragility of them. Thanks for wanting our babies safe. I do already know most of this, but I am so glad you tell me. If I didn’t know I would need to and if someone else follows this thread in the future like sooo many I did before joining, this will help tremendously.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for prayers! No kitties yet, but I am 98% sure she had a contraction. She was not pushing and didn’t even seem to be bothered. However, her stomach was really hard and not just in one spot. It was uneven too. I could feel kittens, but they were not loving while this happened. I also did notice a slight bit of wetness not sure if it’s discharge or pee because it is so little.

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for prayers! No kitties yet, but I am 98% sure she had a contraction. She was not pushing and didn’t even seem to be bothered. However, her stomach was really hard and not just in one spot. It was uneven too. I could feel kittens, but they were not loving while this happened. I also did notice a slight bit of wetness not sure if it’s discharge or pee because it is so little.
Moving ***

BRB

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If anyone has experience with contractions, please explain them so I know if I’m right. Hahahahaha