Will it grow back OK? (Claw query)

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was giving Radar his regular claw clip yesterday, I noticed that he had somehow managed to break one of his front claws off (the silly sausage is always sticking his paws in places they don't belong such as the vents on the computer
). It didn't look as if it had gone into the quick and bled at all, and if he'd been favouring that foot I'd have noticed sooner, but it is very short, just a jagged stub.

Will it grow back ok, or should I watch for it becoming ingrown or anything of that nature? Never had this happen before so not sure what to expect!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my dogs lost a claw when he was younger. I don't know how he did it but the claw was entirely gone. It grew back eventually and looks completely normal now.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back the first time Jake got so sick he lost almost all his claws and they grew back. Just beware because when they grow back they are like little razor sharp kitten claws again!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will grow back but it might look funny for awhile. Will take some time to go back to normal. Just keep nipping the sharp tip rather then letting it just keep growing. I've had a few cats do something similar and it was months before it was normal - but I still nipped off that sharp tip.