Will Black Kitten Keep Tabby Markings

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah at 10 weeks old I would just wait and see. Black cats do have a grey base so he'd be black not a black smoke. :)

BeijaFlorCA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there! Curious if there's been any change with your kitten's markings. I just adopted a little guy who's black throughout but with distinct tabby markings on the sides of his face (as well as a spray of white hairs on his forehead and cheeks). Picture from when he was at the vet, below (he also has a "wonky eye", which I think adds to his charm ;)).
- Grace

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

humblekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there! Curious if there's been any change with your kitten's markings. I just adopted a little guy who's black throughout but with distinct tabby markings on the sides of his face (as well as a spray of white hairs on his forehead and cheeks). Picture from when he was at the vet, below (he also has a "wonky eye", which I think adds to his charm ;)).
- Grace

He's such a cutie, congrats! I love the spray of white on his face. Very cute!

My boy still has his stripes, though they are a little harder to see now.

Attachments

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....(he also has a "wonky eye", which I think adds to his charm)
BeijaFlorCA BeijaFlorCA - Personally, I wouldn't be dismissing that as simply a "wonky" eye. It actually looks to me as if it may be one of a couple of potentially serious eye conditions - have you had him 'vetted' yet ? (I'd also be very surprised if a Vet were to be dismissive of it without, if even there were to be, an explanation/exclusionary diagnosis for it.)

traycleigh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BeijaFlorCA BeijaFlorCA - Personally, I wouldn't be dismissing that as simply a "wonky" eye. It actually looks to me as if it may be one of a couple of potentially serious eye conditions - have you had him 'vetted' yet ? (I'd also be very surprised if a Vet were to be dismissive of it without, if even there were to be, an explanation/exclusionary diagnosis for it.)
She mentioned it was a photo taken while literally at the vets office...

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ghost tabbys spots will get more faint usually. You may see the stripes more with winter or summer coat depending.