Will a proper bath get rid of more hair then brushing?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is starting to shed. I was wondering if I would get rid of more hair spraying him down with a nozel in the sink over brushing him daily. Does anyone know? Jackie is short haired.

I usually just give him a foam bath twice a year.

Long hair question: Cami’s fur was more prone to tangled after her last foam bath. Does anyone with long haired cats have a shampoo they recommend? Given how prone she is to getting poop stuck in the fur around her but; maybe more baths would be ideal? Conditioning bath wipes might be perfect for her poop accidents?

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat is starting to shed. I was wondering if I would get rid of more hair spraying him down with a nozel in the sink over brushing him daily. Does anyone know? Jackie is short haired.

I usually just give him a foam bath twice a year.

Long hair question: Cami’s fur was more prone to tangled after her last foam bath. Does anyone with long haired cats have a shampoo they recommend? Given how prone she is to getting poop stuck in the fur around her but; maybe more baths would be ideal? Conditioning bath wipes might be perfect for her poop accidents?
For the long haired cats, can you shave her butt? That's what we did when I had a long haired cat, but it was a 2 person job.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fluffy one, Cami

Her burgers trimmed but sometimes she gets the runs. Which is why I think wet wipes might be a solution, for her but. 00AAE82F-1DF5-4FF5-9349-FABDA02DD904.jpeg
Given that the foam didn’t work to well, I’m wondering if a conditioning shampoo would work for her. She is part ragdoll and it shows in her fur texture/length.
6ED55244-4B90-4E4F-B5E0-5D1FE94E60CE.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like Jackie (lynx) is starting to shed. Hence my question about whether a proper bath works better than brushing to get rid of their extra fur. Nick (black) sheds like twice the amount of fur Jackie does. If it would get rid most of their fur, I would happily give them a proper bath a few times a year.
6B85A99D-E00C-477D-8354-F95F48FD3CFE.jpeg
So for short haired cats, would giving them a bath when they start to shed be better?
462E700D-A803-41A7-B7A1-28DBC8AB18FF.jpeg

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gave my cat a bath, she is short haired and it made her shedding worse, i couldnt even notice it before.