Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's why, despite all I know about "don't feed if you can't neuter," I slip food out for half-starved, pregnant queens and scrawny kittens. Is it more "ethical" to feed until I can try to get this law changed, or watch them starve? Heck of a choice for a cat person! I did manage to gentle and home two of last year's litters, though! A small victory. And now I'm backing off, lest I hijack this wonderful thread!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Those orange boys are beautiful! They look really bright eyed and healthy too. Are they totally wild, or suitable for adoption?

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 At least if you are feeding them they are staying close by, not roaming around, putting themselves in danger. Poor things!

:alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AREN'T they, though? I'm quite in love with them. LORD, I could be a "crazy cat lady" so fast...who am I kidding? I am one, it's a state of mind, not the number of cats, but I WANT THOSE TOMS! Hekitty, however, would never allow it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love big tom cats with their huge smooshy cheeks. I also have a soft spot for orange cats... and black... and brown... and tortie... oh hell all of them!
They were pretty unhappy with me and have AMAZING caregivers, clearly- they are a little chunky lol.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Back at trapping! This 4.5 month old kitten was trapped at our South Park Colony. Unfortunately due to a lack of fosters (if you follow our thread in our pregnant cats and kitten section you can see we just took on a LOT) it looks like this little guy/gal will be a TNR.
20180228_225603.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
No luck on a foster... looks like she might have to go back tomorrow evening.
On a more positive note, we are working on three spay/neuter trips the next couple of weeks. A few ferals, several community strays, some fosters, and some owned cats. Trying to knock all these out before kitten season exhausts us.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
What a great trapping day! I mentioned before that we had three spay trips coming up this week. Well the one for tomorrow (Monday) we are taking 10 friendly cats and they had room for up to 5 walk in feral cats. One of the fosters for the group who is paying for this trip has 4 ferals in her house that needed trapped and spayed/neutered (they came from an unsafe colony I guess) so we decided to take our drop trap to our Rolling Hills Colony (small colony of 5, we only had two girls left to go) and then we also started trapping at our Scott Ave Colony- a newer colony we are helping this group with, two cats have been done so far- one boy one girl. The morning started off with a bang. We got this gorgeous feral Siamese at our Scott Ave location!
20180304_135053.jpg

I think it is a girl. The other rescue wants to try to socialize and rehome. She isn't too feral, just scared it seems.
We set another trap here and in just a couple hours we had this big tom!
20180304_180717.jpg

He has the biggest cheeks of any feral tom I have seen! He is VERY feral lol. I just want to smoosh his cheeks though!
Then we got our main momma with the drop trap at our Rolling Hills colony! This pretty torti has had at least two litters, maybe more!
20180304_174648.jpg

Momma is going to have a nice retirement from those babies!
Then as we were picking up the tortie mom, the caregiver at Scott Ave told us we caught this little black kitty from Scott Ave!
20180304_174935 (1).jpg

What a great day! So we only have one more girl to get at our Rolling Hills location, and we have three more cats (we think one girl and two boys) to get at our Scott Ave location! Then also Clyde's colony only has one cat left we believe, looks to be a big tom!
If we can get some of these colonies done then we can focus on the new colonies people have contacted us about!
I am so excited with the strides we have made today! Plus getting some owned cats from the community spayed tomorrow as well! I hope this takes some of the burden of kitten season off of us as it is already booming!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy! Like I said we have a few new colonies to work with so I really want to get these ones done so I can focus on them before we are exploding with kittens.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Clyde is doing GREAT! Loves being at home with his kitties. He has some sort of service that stops by twice a day and helps him with his meds and makes him meals and such. He looks better than he has since we starting working with him! We are still feeding at his house once a day.