Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
This Ghost update could not have come at a better time! We are getting into kitten season and I am getting a tiny bit (or a lot) overwhelmed. We went back to the Preston County Cat Crisis today to take the tuxedo back that we had spayed and also to try to get pictures of everyone and get a better number of how many cats are there- there are a LOT of tuxedos. Well while we were there we saw two females that had VERY full nipples. With wet nursing rings around them... like they are still currently nursing litters... so we are thinking there might be more kittens somewhere on this property on top of the 12 we already removed. THEN one of the moms with the full nipples is clearly in heat again as we saw a HUGE tom cat mating her. Ugh. So she needs to go soon now. They all do. We also went down to this woman's son's trailer- same property. He has a momma cat inside with three kittens. They want to keep one so we need to help place the other two kittens- 10ish weeks old. And spay that mom too... on top of the million others.
THEN. One of my foster parents that had a mom and babies had a personal problem come up.. now they cant foster anymore, so they are coming back to me... AND they have diarrhea. So gotta figure that out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The Ghost update is wonderful. :petcat:If only you could show those pictures to the scared adoptable cats you trap so they'd understand that that their lives are going to get better than they could ever have imagined. :catlove:

Sorry so many kittens are being discovered. Maybe it'll be a short kitten season this year. :crossfingers:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sigh ... And the kitten the family wants to keep needs to be spayed or neutered. Yep, full swing into kitten season. This is all because folks don’t spay and neuter.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wonderful update about Ghost!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You're doing so much to keep the number of feral births down. I know kitten season is overwhelming, but just think of everything you've achieved so far.

Please tell Clyde that he has a small army of well wishers here at TCS. We've never met him, but we all hope he's able to come out of hospital soon.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some of the pictures of the Preston County cats that I got the other day...
So this would have been a week after we pulled the kittens... if that was all of the kittens two of the moms wouldn't still have wet nursing rings around full nipples would they? That is why we were thinking they have more kittens in/under one of the buildings...
received_10216618889887417.jpeg

This girl is one with full nipples... she is also in heat. She is in another picture a couple down laying down, that was when we saw her full nipples and the tom cat mating her. ugh. Trying for her soon.
received_10216618890047421.jpeg

I think this is another Tom cat... he was coming around the first girl pictured. I couldn't get too close to him. But this place is like a junk yard with trash and abandoned cars everywhere. Lots of hiding places.
received_10216618890167424.jpeg

This little one we saw when we were driving away! I think this is one of the son's outside cats. He is agreeable with us fixing them too.
received_10216618890287427.jpeg

This is the second girl with full nipples with nursing rings... You can sort of see in this picture... do you guys think there has to be more kittens?
received_10216618890447431.jpeg

This picture was taking directly before the tom cat starting mating her. Ugh. You can see her full nipples in this picture. Also- this tom cat has the largest testicles I have seen on a cat. lol. I am impressed! He is a sweet boy that let me smoosh his big cheeks. His balls need to go lol. The gray cat in the top of the picture is the one we saw nursing the older babies that we pulled. I think she is pregnant again already too. Because why wouldn't she be?
received_10216618890647436.jpeg

This is one of the kittens the son has that he wants rehomed. Very friendly!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOVE the news about Ghost!

Also- this tom cat has the largest testicles I have seen on a cat. lol. I am impressed! He is a sweet boy that let me smoosh his big cheeks. His balls need to go lol.
At least he's sweet, and won't be making kittens for MUCH longer! Those balls are prize-winners! In fact, you could almost make earmuffs from them (EEUUUUWWWwww...but still...)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we went to a new location to help someone trap a feral with an injured leg, the cat came up, had no interest in the trap but hung out on the porch. While we were sitting and waiting another young cat with a bob tail came up and sprung the trap. I went out to check the trap and the injured cat just watched me... so I sat on the ground and threw tuna towards him. He eventually came within 2 feet of me. So we went ahead and set up the drop trap and caught him in minutes! We didn't set it up initially because there was nowhere to "hide" with the string, but turns out he didn't run away with us standing close... his leg is what is injured though. Looks like a big tom cat with abscesses on his leg maybe. So we caught an extra cat too! Woo! The injured guy went with the person who asked for our help trapping, I think he had a foster for him. The extra cat will be getting spayed/neutered tomorrow then go home the next day!
20180521_220522.jpg

Here is the injured guy... it is his front leg that he won't step on...
20180521_223628.jpg

Bad picture of the other one we caught because I was running late to work and in a hurry lol

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I thought we were going to leave with no one but we ended up with two! We told the people to keep an eye out for other cats and to let us know and we can add them to our ever growing list of colonies to manage

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a better picture of the "bonus cat" caught last night! It's a boy! He was neutered today! Also we have been blessed with TWENTY sponsored TNR appointments for our Preston County cat mess! Yay! I am going to work on scheduling them tomorrow!
feral.JPG

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Our gray momma from our Preston County Cat Crisis, I have named her Fiona. This is the mom that is currently nursing 2 3ish week old babies (more than likely not hers, but another cat at that colony and she was conursing) and she is also pregnant and had TERRIBLE nutrition up until this point, so we have decided to terminate the pregnancy. She is going for her spay today, it got postponed a day because the unexpected bonus feral took her appointment lol. Her babies are now temporarily with a bottle feeder until after her spay... do you think I can bring them back to her tonight? Or wait until tomorrow?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo... the vet we took Fiona too is very odd. Bit of a backstory, it is a very small clinic, I think one Dr, they have weird inconvenient drop off/pick up times. But the one group who sponsors some spays for us uses them because they bill really consistently, which is a problem here. One day I took a feral here and they didn't ear tip him because "the person who does that" wasn't in that day. I guess only one person can snip ears there lol. So they call me today around noon and said that Fiona couldn't be spayed today because their clippers that they use to shave their bellies broke. So they were going to hold her overnight and do the spay tomorrow. What? They couldn't go to Walmart and buy another one? Why did they only have one? Ugh! So hopefully tomorrow evening she will be back with her babies!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The injured guy went with one of the feral cat caregivers/trappers. He isn't with a group, he does it independently, he used to work with the humane society though. He has the cat at the vet right now being treated for an infection in the leg. He is being boarded there because he can't find a foster... so the cat might end up back with me, even though I don't have a lot of time/room to work with him... still trying to figure that one out.