Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You're doing such a great job with them all.

:rock:

If that torbie girl had only mated a few days ago the vet might not have been able to tell if she was pregnant. Hopefully you got the right one. Even if it wasn't the right one, it was still one, so that's awesome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
So we took on another small colony. This one has about 10 cats but the good news is most of them are already spayed/neutered! The only ones left are the main momma and her two 6 month old kittens from her last litter. We went out a couple of days ago and the main momma- Mia is VERY pregnant. I mean she is huge. So we plan to go try to trap her today and foster her and her babies. We did catch one of her young kittens and she was spayed yesterday. The caregiver has her inside to try to socialize her if possible.
image00000111.jpg

Her kitten!
received_156377741718355.jpeg

Here is Mia! She is even bigger in person! Good grief! I hope we can get her today.. it is so cold. The babies won't make it if she has them out there. I am worried about stressing her into labor with trapping.... we HAVE to use the drop trap or we will catch all the others again.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
So we took on another small colony. This one has about 10 cats but the good news is most of them are already spayed/neutered! The only ones left are the main momma and her two 6 month old kittens from her last litter. We went out a couple of days ago and the main momma- Mia is VERY pregnant. I mean she is huge. So we plan to go try to trap her today and foster her and her babies. We did catch one of her young kittens and she was spayed yesterday. The caregiver has her inside to try to socialize her if possible.
View attachment 223929
Her kitten!View attachment 223930
Here is Mia! She is even bigger in person! Good grief! I hope we can get her today.. it is so cold. The babies won't make it if she has them out there. I am worried about stressing her into labor with trapping.... we HAVE to use the drop trap or we will catch all the others again.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::crossfingers::goodluck::clover: :hearthrob::grouphug::redheartpump::cheerleader:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We have spent several hours the last two days trying to get Momma Mia with no luck... We are using the drop trap and every cat in the colony goes under it but her. Tonight she went under and I pulled it but it got stuck on a rug (we are trapping on a lady's porch) so I spooked her off :/ hopefully this morning we can get her... We have been leaving the drop trap set up so they have to go under to eat so she is more used to it...

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
We have spent several hours the last two days trying to get Momma Mia with no luck... We are using the drop trap and every cat in the colony goes under it but her. Tonight she went under and I pulled it but it got stuck on a rug (we are trapping on a lady's porch) so I spooked her off :/ hopefully this morning we can get her... We have been leaving the drop trap set up so they have to go under to eat so she is more used to it...
:vibes::vibes::goodluck: :crossfingers: :clover:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
No :/ I think she may have had them today. We didn't see her the whole day and we were there for several hours at different times. We also didn't see the other 6 month old kitten from her last litter that we still need to catch so I think she is with her somewhere. We did trap a cat at one of our other colonies for a spay appointment in the morning... Wish we could have gotten Mia though. We looked around for possible places that she could have had her babies but didn't have any luck there either... the good thing is it is supposed to be warmer this week. Hopefully she shows up tomorrow and she is still pregnant... ugh.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
This is the cat we caught today! Not super sure on gender. Was caught at our South Park Colony- which is the one where we are currently trapping in secret at if you remember. There are a couple of cats here who are starting to look like they may be pregnant :/
trap trap trap.
20180325_204430.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am really hoping that Mia just disappeared for the day but I think more likely than not she is off having her kittens :/ if we can figure out where she had them it would make trapping her a lot easier. I have used kittens to trap the mom before. But there is a VERY large area where she could be with them. We aren't sure where she had previous litters either.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
This is the cat we caught today! Not super sure on gender. Was caught at our South Park Colony- which is the one where we are currently trapping in secret at if you remember. There are a couple of cats here who are starting to look like they may be pregnant :/
trap trap trap.
View attachment 224320
poor little thing looks so scared

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
No :/ I think she may have had them today. We didn't see her the whole day and we were there for several hours at different times. We also didn't see the other 6 month old kitten from her last litter that we still need to catch so I think she is with her somewhere. We did trap a cat at one of our other colonies for a spay appointment in the morning... Wish we could have gotten Mia though. We looked around for possible places that she could have had her babies but didn't have any luck there either... the good thing is it is supposed to be warmer this week. Hopefully she shows up tomorrow and she is still pregnant... ugh.
:grouphug::grouphug2::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::redheartpump::hearthrob:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am really hoping that Mia just disappeared for the day but I think more likely than not she is off having her kittens :/ if we can figure out where she had them it would make trapping her a lot easier. I have used kittens to trap the mom before. But there is a VERY large area where she could be with them. We aren't sure where she had previous litters either.
:( :sigh: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck: :cheerleader::hugs::heartshape: