Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pictures the other day of the ferals we caught! The siamese has been placed in fostercare!
IMG_6892.jpg
IMG_6902.jpg
IMG_6910.jpg
This Tom has the biggest cheeks I have seen! Coincidentally he is also probably the most feral cat I have trapped lol. He does not want me to smoosh his cheeks.
IMG_6918.jpg
IMG_6922.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that lovely old tom cat! :heartshape:

Yeah, I'd want to smoosh his cheeks too, but I wouldn't dare.

Poor boy looks scared, but he's going to be just fine. Does he have a protruding tooth or is that just his expression? One of the cats I TNR'd had a tooth sticking out like that. Turned out to be a rodent ulcer, which was treated at the same time he was neutered.

That's great news about the Siamese. So he/she isn't totally feral?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thrilled that our "meezy" girl is in foster care and now has a chance at home and hearth! Lord, I want that so badly for all of the world's little "wanderers." The tortie tugs at my heartstrings so much. She looks like she is saying, "I am not amused. NOT ONE BIT!" And...well...yeah, I wanna squoosh that tom's cheeks, too!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Trapped this tabby girl at our South Park Colony tonight!
20180313_225109.jpg

There is another appointment tomorrow that we are a "back up" if they don't catch a cat before 730 we are going to try at one of our locations, we have until 9 to catch one so we may be able to get another one to be fixed- fingers crossed!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We got a last minute spay appointment for this morning so we trapped last night. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 you are going to LOVE this one.
Tortie.jpg

We trapped at our South Park Colony... which is the one we have to trap at in secret because of the stubborn drunk man who feeds them. So when we trap we go at night and have to be quiet and hope the cats want whatever we are baiting the traps with- because they have food out all day and the man wont not feed them lol. Last time it took us two hours to catch a cat, and while we were waiting I could hear two cats mating- and I had seen them run across the road. Today I opened a can of food and SEVEN cats ran up to me! Not close enough to touch but they all came out of the woods behind his house and were within 10 feet of me. I set the trap and they all circled it, I caught one in minutes! I wish I had more than one appointment! I could have caught several! But I am so happy because the one we caught I am pretty sure was the one I heard/saw mating a few weeks ago... it could just have the same pattern I suppose. It was dark... either way- one more girl done here! Woop woop!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
What an exhausting day. We were given two appointments for ferals tomorrow. Well we were trapping for 6 hours at 4 locations and we got a whole lot of nothing. We trapped one cat at our Alley Cat Colony that we had already neutered. Then we caught another cat at our Alley Cat Colony that appears to be ear tipped? It definitely is not one we have done... It is missing its tail... but it has an exposed nub like it used to have a tail- not like it was born bob tailed. The feeder had described the momma cat of the colony as having no tail so I am not sure... I think we are going to take it in tomorrow since we didn't get anyone else. At the very least they can update his/her rabies. It definitely looks like an ear tip. I will post a picture. We are going to try ONE MORE TIME in the morning to catch one more so fingers crossed.