Wild And Brown Rice Blend

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some wild and brown rice blend recently and am looking for the best cooking method. Several years ago I stopped buying brown rice because 9 out of 10 times I tried cooking it, it "failed". Either to crunchy or too soggy. It's great 1 out of 10 times when I got it just right. It's been so many years that I don't even remember whether my good results were from soaking the rice in water several hours before cooking, or cooking starting with dry grains.

Can you get a "fluffy" savory rice pilaf with the wild/brown rice mix???

The Lundberg Wild Blend Rice website had several cooking methods. I'd like to know if anyone has tried any of these, or has a better method.

Standard: Stove top in pot, mixing rice with water (or broth), boil then reduce heat and simmer until "done". Remove from heat and keep covered the last 10 minutes. (This is the only method I ever tried.)
Pasta method: Drop rice into a lot of boiling water, simmer until "done" and strain off extra water, then return to pan and let steam 10 minutes.
Baking: Pour boiling water over rice in casserole dish and bake until "done", then let rest covered for several minutes.
(Rice cooker: - I don't own one, so that's not an option for me.)
(Microwave: Ummm....No.)

Any of these methods work better or worse for anyone?

I'd like to use homemade chicken stock, onions, mushrooms, garlic and spices to make a savory rice, but I'd like to increase the odds of the final result to be better than 1 out of 10 tries.