Wii Fit?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A friend's mother won a Wii in a raffle and gave it to us. :dd Since I need to lose a fair amount of weight I am interested in the Wii Fit.

Anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it easy to use? Would you recommend it?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

A friend's mother won a Wii in a raffle and gave it to us. :dd Since I need to lose a fair amount of weight I am interested in the Wii Fit.

Anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it easy to use? Would you recommend it?
Wait a minute...someone just gave you a wii? I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd.

When I was visiting my sister, they had two dance games...I think it was called "just dance", and another one was with broadway numbers. I sweat plenty!

I've never tried the wii fit

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a wii fit and love it. However, I have not used it lately with my study etc
I hate using it in front of the hubby and son because I don't want them knowing my BMI!

Now that my study is over, I think I will be using it more, especially now they are at school/work!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're interested in losing weight, I'd recommend something more like Biggest Loser or My Fitness Coach. I've got those and Wii Fit, and to be honest, I like Wii Fit more for the "games" than the workouts. It's a fun game, but IMO I don't think it's a good weight loss/workout game.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it i have wii fitness coach and its a hard work out but worth it, ive havent used it since october mainly coz my room at my mothers is tiny
the wii is just the best thing ever invented

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have the Wii Fitness Plus, and like another poster, it's more "fun" than anything else. 'Course, I didn't get it for the weight loss portion (I need to gain weight), I got it for help with my balance, as that is MY issue.

I really work up a sweat play tennis, though, with Wii Sports, which already comes loaded on the Wii. As long as you pretend you are really playing and get into it, you can burn lots of calories. And with the boxing in Wii Sports, same thing. No way to box and not work up a great sweat.

Haven't tried any other games other than Wii Sports and Wii Fitness, but I would guess the others recommended would be great aerobic workouts.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's really cool that you got a free Wii!! Nice!
BF got me Wii Fit for xmas, and I love it!! I admit I'm not much of a work-out person, other than walking and sometimes biking, and I really like the different activities in Wii Fit. Makes me sweat, makes me stretch, makes me pay attention to my posture and balance, with yoga, aerobics, strength, balance, etc. games/activities. So yeah, I recommend it!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Wii Fit when it first came out and sold it within a week. I found it boring and couldn't do much with it because I can't balance very well (I have a bad ankle). I also don't like that there is weight limit for the board. If you are over the weight limit (hubby is but not by too much), the game just restarts itself.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would try EA Sports Active, if you're looking for something for weight loss on the Wii. It gives you quite the workout (you will curse lunges!). You can use the WiiFit with it, but I don't think I did (I haven't used it in a while). It senses your leg movement by strapping the nunchuck to your thigh.

If you stick to it, I'd imagine you would lose weight in no time. I hurt like h*ll after my first few workouts.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my fit and it's very easy to use! I'd suggest getting the plus (though I think now they all come with the plus) since it has a few more things on there. The boxing, the "karate" and the step are my fav's on there.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it.... I found it to be a great way to ease into exercise, especially when one is going from sedentary to exercising. I like how it tracks your BMI, I like the variety of activities ( from yoga, to cardio, etc.). I really have no complaints about it.

I don't think it would be ideal for someone who is heavily into fitness and experienced....they may find it boring, or not a challenge.... But I like it.... brings fun into exercising

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for all the input.

I ended up buying the EA Sports Active and used it for teh first time yesterday. I was yelled at for running too slow.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Thanks for all the input.

I ended up buying the EA Sports Active and used it for teh first time yesterday. I was yelled at for running too slow.
LOL I havent ever played that, but that is too funny that you get yelled at LOL

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both EA Sports Active and Wii Fit.

I think the Sports Active is better for losing weight. I really get a good workout by using that. I did the 30 day challenge on hard, and it was really good.

Which reminds me, I need to start using it again!

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol at getting yelled at. That's what I need.
I bought myself a Wii last year but like everything else I haven't used it in a while. I might buy that EA Sports Active.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm doing the 30 day challenge on Easy and the running is going to kill me!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sister got Mom one for Christmas and we just laughed so hard. I agree that it's more fun that really a workout but if you are like me and just sit on your butt all day, it's better than not moving at all. We were especially laughing at the one where you are a bird and you have to flap your wings. I like the Kung Fu one. I really need to get one for myself. Have fun with it! The only thing I don't like about it is that it weighs you.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thankfully the EA Sports Active doesn't weigh you.