Why we love our cats! Valentine's Day Special Giveaway

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I just love how my cat, Mittens, has become so comfortable in our home.
I still remember taking home a poor, scared kitty. I am not sure what his life had been like, but he acted like he was neglected or possibly even abused. It took awhile but with patience and lots of love, he acts like a different cat now. My other cat, Shadow, helped so much.
While Mittens may always be a little skittish, he has come a long way. He no longer tries to sleep with his eyes open. He knows he is safe now and very much loved. Some may say he is a lucky kitty, but I know that I am the lucky one. He is such a sweet and loving kitty, and I just adore him!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I walked in the door today after my first shift and Mickey just jumped up in my lap for snuggles.  I guess he missed his mama.  I have enough time to eat and then back for another shift.  Yay money!  LOL

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Entry:

I love how Freya likes water, both in the sense of drinking it, and in the sense that her reaction to getting wet is to shake it off in mild irritation, instead of flipping out and turning into a feline death ball.  it is super convenient ( and in the case of the water important for her long term health.)

View media item 404928

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

why I love Geronimo

Geronimo is only half my cat. Actually he is a feral and very much his own cat, but the Rogue taught him how to use the cat door and liked to share his bed with him. Now, with the Rogue gone for nearly a year, Geronimo only comes in to sleep when it is cold or rainy. I cannot touch him. But he will graciously take treats.

He has a really high voice like a kitten. He is handsome. He is still looking for the Rogue, calling him, but not as desperately as before.

I think he is good luck. It was his birthday yesterday - actually, it was mine, but since I don't know the exact age of any of the cats it was theirs, too.

smg1970

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Entry
I have rhematoid arthritis and I have three cats, and they know before I do when my RA is going to get bad. Marble our latest rescue is the most sensitive and will lay on me. But all three sense when I feel bad, they pile up in bed with me. I just couldn't do it with out their love!!!View media item 405777. View media item 405779

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I'm talking about Slipper. (I wasn't going to, because I get sad talking about her, but she was a lovable kitty and one of my kitty buds.) She was a lovable and playful big kitty (I think she shared a father with Ra; they were about the same size.) She also brought me a grasshopper once, to play with. 
She also loved the camera. 
See? About the same size. (Ra is the one on the right.)

And this was the very last picture taken of her before she died. 

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

Last entry of the contest. I am going to say I just love my cats for being the wonderful fluffs they are. Even when they are being brats or giving me trouble (mostly Link, lets be honest he is a trouble child) I love them dearly. Even though I have to take 3 medications a day and have issues because of them (allergies, yay) they are worth the physically discomfort. I don't think any words, story or picture could truly capture how much I love them or why I love them. I don't have children or a partner just my furbabies.I love them just for who they are.

View media item 405809
View media item 405810

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I love my cats because they're the best antidepressant in the world.  I don't know what I would do without them.  They help me more than any medication I've ever taken.  And they're keeping me pretty sane right now - especially considering everything that's going on.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Cats are the most precious creatures that God has ever made. They are full of life, love, and warmth.
My two kitties are so special to me.
I love them more than words could ever convey. They fill my life with pure joy and happiness. They know when I am sad, or feel ill, and they are always there for me. Cats are so much smarter than anyone gives them credit for.
Shadow and Mittens always make me smile. They greet me when I come home and whimper when I leave. They know exactly how to get what they want, especially their treats. They just look at me with their sweet little faces and beautiful eyes, and I just about melt. Yes, I am a softie when it comes to my babies. They have me wrapped around their little furry paws, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
My Shadow and my Mittens are my world and I am theirs.
They make my life complete!!

View media item 405864

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations and a very Happy Valentine's Day to you. 
  Hope it's purr-fect!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks so much, everyone!  This is the first thing I've actually ever won in my life (well...there was that package of Burpee seeds, but I suspect EVERYONE "won" one of those)!  I'm just a little weepy from it.  This couldn't have been timed better, as Ms.  Hekitty has pretty much destroyed her scratcher, and this will allow me to put the money I was saving for a new one into something else for HRH!  When it gets here, there will be pics posted!