Why we love our cats! Valentine's Day Special Giveaway

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're giving away a sweet stretcher/bed/scratcher by CatClaws.com with elegant curved contours and a special Valentine's Day design! All you have to do to win is help us celebrate our love for cats this month by letting us know why you love your cat so much! 

How Do I Enter?

We announced the winner on Valentine's Day so this Giveaway is now closed for submissions. Feel free to enjoy our members' stories and add your own! 

1. Post in this thread with the word ENTRY and tell us why you love your cat so much. If you can, add a photo of the cat looking really cute (no bonus points - we just love seeing cute cat pictures
).

2. You can post once a day.

3. Last entry can be made by midnight of February 13th. The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day!

4. Each member can have up to 12 entries in total - once a day per member and an extra day to make sure you don't go over your quota because of date lines. 

5. To participate in this giveaway you must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age.

6. The prize can be shipped to a US address only. The winner must provide a local US address.

7. This giveaway is for TCS members only. To win you must be a member with at least 20 posts on the site  by the day of the draw. If you're new to the community, welcome! Please contribute quality content and avoid spam posts just to boost your post count for the contest and don't forget to read the site rules.

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

This one is dedicated to Link. My boy, my gentle giant. Just look at him..... 

What isn't there to love. lol

Okay, in all seriousness. I love that he runs to protect Rocket any time she is in trouble. Doesn't matter if its Nightfury playing to rough, a strange cat chasing her, or me picking her up. If Rocket cries out her goes running ready to do whatever he needs to to protect her. If Rocket is sleeping he will stay awake and guard her as she sleeps. He also patrols the house to protect us at night. He is very thorough and yells at closed doors until they are opened so he can glance in before continuing. 

He isn't big on the loving and cuddles. But when he is in the mood for cuddles he leans into you. Feeling pounds heavier than his 13 pounds. A comforting warmth on you side with attention for nothing else. 

He is super playful. Always ready to jump into playing and give it all he has. And if you are sleeping its okay, he will bring toys to you and drop them on your face so you can join in on the fun. 

He walks around talking to himself. Which makes me laugh. He is such a loud personality. You can always tell when he is entering a room because he walks heavy and talks constantly. He is never shy about showing his displeasure in something, getting right in your face when he wants something, or expressing his anger by pointedly turning away from you. 

He is always giving everything he has to anything he does. Play, grooming, protecting, everything. It's all or nothing when it comes to Link. He pushes himself to the limits in everything he does. For others. For himself. He is full of life and joy. It transfers to everyone around him and I love him for being the wonderful fluff that he is. 

My boy. My Gentle Giant. My Link. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

i'll start with our Dude (aka, Jaspurr)! the girls (DeeDee and Punky) and i love our Dude so much because he's a very sweet and gentle boy, and so loving to all of his girls.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

I love Chula because she is so affectionate, loving, and eager to interact with me.  I love Paul because he is a big snuggly lover-boy and because he is so laid back and mellow.  Nothing fazes him.  They are both wonderful companions and they love me, too, which makes me love them even more.  

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

I am utterly in love with Carleton because he brings a smile to my face each and every morning.  No matter how dreary and gloomy it is outside or what my mood is on the inside he knows how to perk me up with his pleasant personality and adorable mannerisms.  He is upside down in love with me too!View media item 403541

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

Rocket is my prissy little princess. Always at the peak of prim and proper with her dainty front paws together. Sitting she is purrfect. Standing.... well shes a little ball of fluff on legs. The juxtaposition is amusing to see.

She keeps me on schedule every day. Glaring at me expectantly if I am running late, come on human this way next If I am late getting home then she will be waiting for me at the back door ready to pointedly ignore me. Just until I get myself in hed though because then she will lay on top of me to ensure I don't try to sneak back out.

She was a feral and still shows some of those habits. Hiding under tables, not looking people in the eye, impossible to catch. But she is also a loving lap cat and I can always count on her to be watching me. If I reach down she will slink out of the shadows for petting. Giving a little chirp when I've reached her tail and it is time to go back to petting her head. Like a little kitty typewriter.

She is the most dramatic of my cats. Overreacting to everything. Yelling at Link when he is winning during play. Crying out like I am killing her if I dare to pick her up. Being very good at showing her displeasure if I am late getting home or feeding her.

Despite all that I love her for her caring heart and loving personality that shows through in the best moments. My little princess who acts distant but loves to be adored. My Rocket.

View media item 403608

Last edited:

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I Love my boy MAxx.. he is such the Goodest boy.. thats what i call him,,, no.. he isnt all the time.. but i can feel how much he loves me.. by his headbutts and his purring.. waiting at the door when he hears the garage door open.. yelling at me when he is cold or tired.. falling on his side whenever my hand touches him.. his hand on mine as we go to sleep.. purring in my face.. not a cat that u hold.. he does not like to be held.. but i pick him up every day and give him the kisses.. and he fights me every day.. he purrs and greets my face every morning hopping off the bed at 4:15 am with me.. he HATES when  im in the shower and cries and screams at me with bulging eyes the whole time.. he will go to his scratcher when i say scratch scratch scratch.. and this may be bad.. but when i bought my house.. i found  a box with old mink stoles and capes i dont wear or approve of fur.. but he loves to bring me a double headed fox stole.. in his mouth and i praise him,, he lays on it like he killed it.. its hysterical.. my MAxx,. he had to help me with the hole in my heart from my forever kitty angel JAxx and he has done that. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

today i'll talk about our Punky! Dude, DeeDee, and i all love our sweet Punky. she's very talkative, especially while she's playing -- has a complete vocabulary of different meows, trills, and mrrrrr's! Punky is also a very silly girl, always makes me laugh with her cute antics. she's mommy's little helper, will supurrvise the things i'm doing around the house. Punky has an 'on again, off again' love affair with her 'baby', a mainly purple colored hedgehog-looking stuffed cat toy. Dude and DeeDee don't really see the attraction to that particular toy, and they know not to try to take Punky's baby away from her. i think what i love the most about our Punky is her sweetness and that she's always happy. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I love Kandy so much. Found in a parking lot on my street & was very trusting with those who found her. Had an untreated umbilical hernia. I fostered her - she was maybe one year old - and later adopted her. People who found her named her Candy, which I changed to Kandy. She is even sweeter than her name. No trouble whatsoever. Loves cuddles, snuggles & belly rubs & kisses. Loves to sit in the bathroom cupboards when I am in the shower. Took a bath last week & was afraid she would jump in the tub with me. She ADORED my kitten Harry, who sadly passed at 10 months.

View media item 403665

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

why I love the Rogue so much

The Rogue was not just a cat. The Rogue was what Germans call a kobold, which is a small, not entirely wicked but always mischievous, spirit haunting a house or place. Kind of like a goblin but cuter. The Rogue tumbled into my life by hiding in my car's engine department and scaring the life of me one morning when I wanted to drive to work and the car was making kitten noises, but no kitten could be found. So I was driving for half an hour, thinking I was killing a kitten. But mechanics took the wheel case apart to reveal an apparently healthy, though filthy, 4 week old Rogue.

He loved to destroy things. He loved to bite things. He turned out to be allergic to cooked chicken so I ended up making my own cat food for him. I was so good at feeding him that he grew to be 20 lbs.

He loved other cats. He outsmarted the chip operated cat door to escape into the yard, where he started a career of hunting small snakes and fraternizing with feral cats. He ended up coaxing his best mate, Geronimo, through the cat door so he could share his bed with him. He also learned how to pee on things, which he did with great care and glee. He was the spirit of the garden and the house, in every drawer and wardrobe, always keeping busy. He loved to run, wrestle his mates, and he loved to eat everything, including twigs that I twice had to pry out of his mouth.

He was one of the few cats worldwide that themselves had pets: The Rogue owned a small terrarium full of crickets, which he loved to sit on. Both the terrarium cover and the crickets themselves, when they were let out for him to hunt. 

He got nearly three years old, despite the third consulted vet telling me that we could fix him (I learned not to believe vets). He left his bite marks on his favorite cat tree house and the garden hose, pee marks on my nightstand and three other cats I wouldn't have taken in if I hadn't needed help raising him.

He doesn't haunt the house and garden any more. Kobolds don't, you know, they come and go. But he is still loved. Oh, is he loved, wherever he is.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Connor and Murphy have an obsession with the toilet.  Every time the bathroom door is opened, they run in there and wait expectantly for the toilet to be flushed so they can stick their heads in the bowl and watch it go down.  And if the toilet is not being used - if I just needed the mirror or something - no worries.  Connor will flush it himself.  Mickey is terrified of the toilet.  If he's in the bathroom and it gets flushed, he runs out like he's got the devil on his heels.  I have strange kitties.

The first picture was Murphy.  Here's one of Connor.  Tomorrow I'll use a Mickey picture.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 403723
Why I love my little boy Pebbles.

I look into his soulful green eyes as he give me a head butt and he meows. He has a really cute squeaky little meow. I love to pet his soft black fur as his tail curls up. Full of mischievous energy, he races around the apartment, turning whatever he can find into a toy. Starting fights with my much bigger old yellow alley cat and running away with yellow fur in his mouth. Stirring up trouble for the thrill of the chase.

He digs the tape dispenser out of my drawer because he like to eat the tape. He eats everything. I love his affection, jumping up to see me, rubbing up against my cheek to give me kisses with his little wet nose. Cuddling in bed with me at night, softly snoring. Crawling under the covers fearlessly like he is exploring a cave. He is so energetic and excited. Then he is laid back, watching me type on my laptop. I like the way he listens to me and looks at me when I talk to him. I love his beautiful spirit.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

Just when I think I couldn't love Carleton anymore he showers me with purrs and devotion.  He is by my side whether in bed, on the sofa, going up the stairs or overseeing the preparation of his meals.  He is without a doubt my best friend and the light of my life. View media item 403720

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I am dedicating this to my angel kitty, Mickey. He came into my life at a time when I truly needed him. I had just moved into my new house and my then cat named Kitty had just passed away unexpectedly. I felt so overwhelmed and alone. Knowing how I felt, my husband surprised me with a new kitten. He was a tiny little thing, sticking his little head out of my husband's jacket. My son, two years old at the time, immediately named him Mickey. The name stuck and he immediately won my heart. The vet estimated him to be about six months old. He was jealous and I knew he would always want to be an only kitty, which was fine. My Mickey filled up my whole heart and did for his entire life. He was by my side constantly. He was my baby. He saw me through some tough times, especially the passing of my Mom. My Mickey helped me to heal. He was such a healthy cat all his life, until one day he wasn't. He was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2014, three years after my Mom passed. It was in the advanced stages. I decided to treat him with medication and he passed naturally at home in my arms. He passed approximately one month after diagnosis and four days after his birthday. I can only pray that he is with my Mom now and they are both watching over me. It is over two years now and I still mourn his passing.
My precious, Mickey, will miss you until I take my last breathe.
Always in my heart!
Mickey: July 4th,2001 - July 8th,2014.

View media item 403750
View media item 403751
I have since adopted two kitties since my Mickey's passing.
They have both helped my heart to heal and I love them so very much.
Though, Mickey will always be my "special" kitty and will never be forgotten!

I will write about Shadow or Mittens in my next post.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

It's a lazy day for Carleton but that's because we're home and being lazy too.  It's also one of the many reasons why I love him so much, he goes with the flow. View media item 403859

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
View media item 403865
View media item 403864
ENTRY

Today's entry is dedicated to my Rainbow Kitty, Chance.

He was my Bubba. He came to us from the local animal shelter when I was entering middle school. The shelter called us the morning of his spay (yes, spay) to say that she was a he, he needed half his teeth pulled and he was very sick, did we still want him? We had been visiting him every day waiting for the stray hold to end, yes we wanted him. So he came home coughing blood and extremely sick. I remember covering the chair he laid in with towels and changing them when they got bloody. But he got better and he became my cat.

Every night he slept with me curled up against my legs. During the days we played in the front yard with me dragging a stick behind me. In the evenings he'd go off hunting and bring me back prizes (so many mice). As he got older her became more of an alpha cat and we would rarely see other cats around our house. But he would frequently be scratched up from the fights with them.

He would wait for me to come home from school either at the end of the street or driveway. He'd see me off to school in the mornings. He would watch me do my homework and stay up late for me as I worked on my papers. If I was out front and a dog walked by he would scare them away; even big dogs. It got to the point that people walking their dogs cross the street before they reached our house. Even though he has been gone 10 years you still can see people crossing the street out of habit before they reach our house, lol.

I loved him dearly. He was my rock through to college. When I was lonely and no one else seemed to be there for me Chance was always there. Watching over me and caring for me.

His cancer diagnosis was the hardest moment. We fought for him but in the end the cancer was too much. When we knew it was time I couldn't be there for him; I regret it but at the time it just hurt too much to watch him go. I said my goodbyes and kissed his head as he relaxed in his rickety old chair. By the time I got home the vet had come and gone.

His old collar still hangs on my bedroom doorknob and I got a tattoo of him with wings so he would always be with me. Even though it has been 10 years I still miss him dearly. I love my current cats too, but there will always be a paw print on my heart from Chance.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Mickey's motor is always on stand-by, ready to go.  The second your hand touches him for pets, it's running on high.  And he loves belly rubs more than any cat I've ever met.  He's ridiculously cuddly and snuggly.  He loves any kind of food or treats and he's the only one out of my three who gets scared and runs to us for reassurance.  Dogs barking, the toilet flushing, or various other loud noises startle him.  I think it's because he had to face the cold, mean streets and Connor and Murphy have been pampered house cats since the day they were born and don't know what fear is.  Nothing fazes them - not fireworks, not thunderstorms, not an explosion from a sonic boom - we live close to an air force base and we hear those every few months or so.