Why Tri-colored Cats Protect Homes From Fire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, Twinklelight The Cat Twinklelight The Cat . My gran had the most amazing stories, as well as odd bits of folk wisdom (some of them very odd, indeed!). I wouldn't call her superstitious, but she was a littlestitious!:p

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this so much. Thanks for sharing!

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say it's past time to get your wiring fixed. Just Saying ---
By the way, the preliminary cause of the power outage that shut down the airport is a fire in the electrical cables. Some of the cables appear to have had frayed insulation like what happens when mice chew on them. Appears they need some working cats to keep the power on.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would say it's past time to get your wiring fixed. Just Saying ---
By the way, the preliminary cause of the power outage that shut down the airport is a fire in the electrical cables. Some of the cables appear to have had frayed insulation like what happens when mice chew on them. Appears they need some working cats to keep the power on.
LOL, I'm betting that you had two windows opened, and posted this in the wrong one!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a story my Gran told me years and years ago.

When a fire spirit is looking for a new home (and they do often, because the old one just keeps burning down!), they slip quietly along the sleeping streets, peering in windows for a home where no fire spirit lives. When they look into a home where a calico or torty lives, they see the red of flames, the black of ash and embers, and the white of smoke. They think another fire spirit already lives in that home, and they pass on by.

I don't know quite where that started, but I do know this...several times while sharing my home with torties or calicos, the house should have burned due to faulty wiring, etc., but each time there was only very minimal damage.
Love this "TAIL"...Grandma's had some pretty terrific stories

Hope it's okay to revive this thread,these kind of oral traditions should stay around and get passed on from generation to generation-simply delightful

Thank you , my little Bella appreciates it too(and Graycie)

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope it's okay to revive this thread,these kind of oral traditions should stay around and get passed on from generation to generation-simply delightful
Oh, I deeply appreciate it. Hopefully, some of our newer members will now run across it and enjoy that bit of folklore!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I never heard the story before but it definitely intrigued me. No wonder our house was untouched when Neely was alive and here I thought her mischievous antics would be what caused a fire in the house - silly me! :doh:

DSCF0022.JPG