Why my foot is turning blue?

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some alrady know, I cut my foot a bit, to the bone actually, now I'm on antibiotics, but at doctor they could not tell why my foot turns blue at times, it started after I got cut. Now there starts to be little purple too, but mostly bluish/grayish hue to skin and it can disappear or come very quickly.

I'm sure someone has seen something like such before, even at doctor they never had seen such thing, so thought I ask if anyone has seen such and knows if that is weakened blood circulation or some foreign stuff in blood vessels which I'm afraid of. Maybe it is nothing but just side effect to wound, but as so called medical experts seemed not to know and when they don't know they file it off as meaningless :)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like some sort of cyanosis. Like maybe the cut is causing poor circulation or something. I'm not a doctor, I briefly studied medical stuff though and I remember learning about cyanosis.

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
did they check the pulses in your foot with a doppler? this is a sign your foot has diminished blood supply and you need to find out why asap. it will take the cut much longer to heal if it's not getting enough blood and your whole foot could become necrotic if this isn't addressed very soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did they check the pulses in your foot with a doppler? this is a sign your foot has diminished blood supply and you need to find out why asap. it will take the cut much longer to heal if it's not getting enough blood and your whole foot could become necrotic if this isn't addressed very soon!
No, they just removed stitches and cleaned the wound, also issued antibiotics.

I can see that below the angle there is a pulse, just not sure if wound is blocking some veins or if some material has gone to blood circulation. I did see air bubbles forming on wound and I think that might be sign of some vein being harmed, quite bit of blood came out too.

As it is late evening there are no services here, might take a painkiller to thin the blood as that seems to reduce blueness and get to health care at the morning as they open up.